Dining on Island Princess

I am Platinum on Princess, but my last Princess cruise was 20 years ago. We had traditional dining and enjoyed being at the same table at the same time with the same people each evening. I am not sure how dining works at this time. 
How do I get a reservation for TD same time, same table each night. I am happy to share a table as I am a solo traveler.

What dining room is preferred? Provence or Bordeaux?

I have tried booking in the App, but keep getting “error” each time.

Thanks for any advice.

2 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

I am Platinum on Princess, but my last Princess cruise was 20 years ago. We had traditional dining and enjoyed being at the same table at the same time with the same people each evening. I am not sure how dining works at this time. 
How do I get a reservation for TD same time, same table each night. I am happy to share a table as I am a solo traveler.

What dining room is preferred? Provence or Bordeaux?

I have tried booking in the App, but keep getting “error” each time.

Thanks for any advice.

When are you sailing? What ship?  Is this your June 14th trip on the Island?

If so, there is not a TD at this time, after Sep 14th, should have that option.

Right now, it’s my time dining, so you select the MDR you want, the time, private or sharing a table.  That will give you a table sharing, if you want, same time.  If you hit it off with the group, 1st night, you can ask others if they want the same table every night and ask head waiter or host at the MDR to do that assignment every night.

If you are referring to a cruise leaving this June 14th, you should be able to book without error, but as we know IT is reprogramming the MDR concept of dining after Sep 14th and it IS affecting a lot of other folks trying to book.  So, if you have a TA/CVP, I’d ask if they can help or just go to your MDR of choice on the first night and ask them to book you.

Check with others on your roll call, are they also having issues?

As far as MDR, we usually pick one of the midship ones, due to location to our cabin.  If we were in an Aft cabin, probably would pick the Aft MDR.  All are same menu.

Welcome back!

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When are you sailing? What ship?  Is this your June 14th trip on the Island?

If so, there is not a TD at this time, after Sep 14th, should have that option.

Right now, it’s my time dining, so you select the MDR you want, the time, private or sharing a table.  That will give you a table sharing, if you want, same time.  If you hit it off with the group, 1st night, you can ask others if they want the same table every night and ask head waiter or host at the MDR to do that assignment every night.

If you are referring to a cruise leaving this June 14th, you should be able to book without error, but as we know IT is reprogramming the MDR concept of dining after Sep 14th and it IS affecting a lot of other folks trying to book.  So, if you have a TA/CVP, I’d ask if they can help or just go to your MDR of choice on the first night and ask them to book you.

Check with others on your roll call, are they also having issues?

As far as MDR, we usually pick one of the midship ones, due to location to our cabin.  If we were in an Aft cabin, probably would pick the Aft MDR.  All are same menu.

Welcome back!

Yes, June 14 is the date. Thanks for your advice.

3 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

Yes, June 14 is the date. Thanks for your advice.

Also, try on the website, it may work.

Go to cruise personalizer and see the “Try our website version “ just below the buttons that say Google or Apple Apps.

Try Dine my way there, see if you can book your reservation there.  

Let us know.

Posted (edited)

On Island now. Dining in Provence. At the entrance, hostess separates guests into four cues - non-sharing with reservation, sharing with reservations, and same for without reservations. When you arrive at door, you scan your medallion. Hostess will ask your pref to share or not. You then line up in 1 of the queues. Reserved vs non-reserved lines seem to move about the same pace, although tables for two are bit slower. I don't think the online reservation really matters. Plan full two hours for shared table and one hour for two people. Staff is friendly, food is mediocre so far.

Edited by CenTexan

CenTexan, we will be on the Island later this month and have reserved a table for 8 pm each night.   But wondering now about the show times.   Depending on the times may try to change my reservation.   I read that on another ship they were 7:30 and 9:30 - has that been your experience on the ship.  Sorry to hear about the food - hopefully it will improve.

Jill

On 6/1/2024 at 11:09 PM, jill1349 said:

CenTexan, we will be on the Island later this month and have reserved a table for 8 pm each night.   But wondering now about the show times.   Depending on the times may try to change my reservation.   I read that on another ship they were 7:30 and 9:30 - has that been your experience on the ship.  Sorry to hear about the food - hopefully it will improve.

Jill

The shows were 7:30 & 9:30 on the Island during the World Cruise this year. We would eat around 5:30 at the buffet to make it to the theater by 6:50 to get good seats. We would take our Nooks to read to pass the time. The 9:30 shows were always less crowded.  I guess most off the passengers were in bed by 9:30.

• Like 1

Clek and geoherb, thank you both for your responses.   Much appreciated.   Think will try and change dining to the 8:20 slot and then can have option to go to either - like the later show because it is usually less crowded as you have noted, but then again by then I also am ready to go to bed.   

Jill