FLIGHTS to VENICE

Posted (edited)

Last fall we went Charlotte-Amsterdam-Venice. Connecting flights also through Munich, Frankfort. I think there are a few nonstop flights during the summer.

Edited by briar14

17 hours ago, Kane said:

How do transfers to/from Venice work now that Venezia no longer allows the larger ships to dock in the city?

We found the process taxing. We stayed in VCE pre cruise. Took private water taxi to the old cruise terminal where you must check in. , R collected the luggage at the dock but there was a walk in the hot sun to the check in building. No facilities for mobility impaired. Very slow check in, a snaking line w folks complaining that this was not luxury, then a short wait in the terminal….then a bus to Fusina to board the ship. We had booked independently so sequence may be different if you are shepherded by R.

I’m a firm believer that I can beat or match what Regent is going to provide for a flight.  I just booked this yesterday for our cruise Istanbul to Trieste.  The amount I got off the flight was $3500 a person.  I’m flying United Polaris  EWR to GVA, than Turkish Airlines to Istanbul.  On the way home it is direct VCE to EWR - total price per person $3311.   My United status stays intact,  I get my free bags, I pick my seats at booking, etc.  

I just looked and if I needed to do round trip this summer (end of August) I could booked direct United Polaris EWR to VCE round trip for $3210!  No need to call my TA or Regent and try to figure out a bunch of flights and play whack a mole with them on the phone and possibly pay more money.  I’m good with figuring out to get on and off the boat - we normally head off for more adventure anyway.  

Based on the Regent Email I just got,  I’m expecting that the new  Ultimate All-Inclusive Fares will be high.  

• Like 2