Sky Princess Aft Cabins

Have just booked 2 Aft Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin deck for the summer solstice Norwary cruise in 2026 as I was recommended an aft cabin for the fjords. 

Have had a larger balcony like these cabins have, on another cruise line and loved it. 

Are these cabins in a good place and are there any negatives to them. 

Thank you in advance. 

(1st cruise on Princess) 

3 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We have one booked for Alaska never had one before . I was hoping for less wind and perfect views.

When is your cruise? 

Hope it is everything you hope it will be and if you could review the cabin, that would be great. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Have just booked 2 Aft Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin deck for the summer solstice Norwary cruise in 2026 as I was recommended an aft cabin for the fjords. 

Have had a larger balcony like these cabins have, on another cruise line and loved it. 

(1st cruise on Princess) 

There is a YouTube cabin review video for D730 which should give you an idea

Edited by dides

17 minutes ago, Boatmans Lady said:

When is your cruise? 

Hope it is everything you hope it will be and if you could review the cabin, that would be great. 

September 22 nd ....last cruise of the Season to Alaska.

15 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Thank you in advance. 

(1st cruise on Princess) 

Can you be more specific? Which two balconies?

1 hour ago, nini said:

Can you be more specific? Which two balconies?

We have booked D729 and D731. 

Have watched the walk through of the cabin (D730) but as we know from sailings on other ships, a walk through only shows you a cabin and not people's experience of sailing in that cabin.

Is there a soot problem, do you get much vibration (two ships we have been on, that answer would be yes) 

etc. 

We were in cabin D730 for a 15-day transatlantic cruise on the Sky Princess last November.  We absolutely loved the cabin.  We did not experience any major soot problem.  The views are absolutely fantastic and I love watching the ships wake.  We went through some major ocean swells and rough seas.  Every once in a while there may be a bit more vibration from the ship, but this did not affect our comfort one bit.   In fact, any extra motions made us sleep that much better.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

We have booked D729 and D731. 

Have watched the walk through of the cabin (D730) but as we know from sailings on other ships, a walk through only shows you a cabin and not people's experience of sailing in that cabin.

Is there a soot problem, do you get much vibration (two ships we have been on, that answer would be yes) 

etc. 

We were in D728 last June and loved it, but this is what we typically book. They are aft and have partial coverage with the larger balconies and loveseats. You can ask the cabin steward to remove part of the balcony dividers.

There was a bit of soot, but your steward can clean it up and wipe down the deck furniture.

For vibration, the Sky is newer and it is not as intense as maybe the Grand. But it never bothers us.

Edited by nini
added words
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

We were in cabin D730 for a 15-day transatlantic cruise on the Sky Princess last November.  We absolutely loved the cabin.  We did not experience any major soot problem.  The views are absolutely fantastic and I love watching the ships wake.  We went through some major ocean swells and rough seas.  Every once in a while there may be a bit more vibration from the ship, but this did not affect our comfort one bit.   In fact, any extra motions made us sleep that much better.

Thank you. We have been both front and towards the rear in some pretty heavy seas and the movement never worried us so all sounds good. 

1 hour ago, nini said:

We were in D728 last June and loved it, but this is what we typically book. They are aft and have partial coverage with the larger balconies and loveseats. You can ask the cabin steward to remove part of the balcony dividers.

There was a bit of soot, but your steward can clean it up and wipe down the deck furniture.

For vibration, the Sky is newer and it is not as intense as maybe the Grand. But it never bothers us.

Thank you. 

I was wondering if we could have part of the balcony divider removed, so that will be good. 

Any vibration won't worry us but my brother and sister-in-law haven't cruised before so just want to be prepared if there is. 

Glad to hear the cabins are a good pick. 

1 hour ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Thank you. 

I was wondering if we could have part of the balcony divider removed, so that will be good. 

Any vibration won't worry us but my brother and sister-in-law haven't cruised before so just want to be prepared if there is. 

Glad to hear the cabins are a good pick. 

But, don't tell anyone. 😉

On 5/28/2024 at 4:16 PM, Boatmans Lady said:

Thank you in advance. 

(1st cruise on Princess) 

We booked D729 for an Iceland/Norway cruise next month... First time in an aft cabin but will report back afterwards! 

Love the idea of the partially covered, bigger balcony and wake view sailing through the fjords 👍 

12 minutes ago, Dcopperfield said:

We booked D729 for an Iceland/Norway cruise next month... First time in an aft cabin but will report back afterwards! 

Love the idea of the partially covered, bigger balcony and wake view sailing through the fjords 👍 

I will eagerly await your thoughts. 

I will also report back but not for another 2 years!! 😂 

• Haha 1

Love aft cabins with the bigger half covered balconies.  Yes there can be soot from time to time so just get pool towels to sit on, bring some wipes and dont wear white!  We have an aft balcony booked in a couple of weeks and will be having a balcony dinner.  If it rains we will go under the covered bit.  The views sailing out are wonderful.  Hope you enjoy.  Betty.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

True Aft cabins on Carib deck have smaller balconies than the ones on Dolphin deck on Sky Princess.   Cabins are the same though. Sorry found no pictures of aft cabins on Caribe deck. 

Edited by AZaTaz
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

We’ve booked one of the aft suites on D deck for later this year. I’ll report back as it’s also our first Princess cruise.

I have D726 booked for next March and I'm really looking forward to it 

• Like 2

I do not know how to paste link here but if you go to YouTube and search for Enchanted C743 cabin there is a video. Enchanted is sister ship of Sky so should be same.  

11 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

We’ve booked one of the aft suites on D deck for later this year. I’ll report back as it’s also our first Princess cruise.

Thank you. That would be great and I hope you enjoy your cruise 😀

• Like 1