Booking flights while on a cruise?

Does anyone have experience booking flights at the Future Cruise office on a ship for a future cruise?  Will be onboard in June and wondering about booking flights for an already-booked cruise in early 2025.

Thanks,

Diane

Most airlines post schedules about 330 days out.  I’ve never asked if that’s something they could do. There’s no advantage even if they could. I’d do my research first and then book online or call FBC. 

• Like 2

Actually, flights are already being posted.  The friend I'm travelling with (both cruises) lives in a different city and we've found it's much easier to book with both of us and conference calls can be problematic.  We do our research first but this would be a good time to sit with a sales person and discuss options.

I always book my flights 330-355 days in advance of the return depending on when the airline releases flights.  Economy for under 3-4 hours and business for 4 plus. I then set up a google alert so I can track and learn for next time. Every case, I got the best fare. In some, the fares went up 3-4x what I paid even a few months out. 

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The future cruise office on board only books Cruises, not Flights By celebrity

Thanks!  Not totally surprised but thought I'd ask.

3 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Airlines generally do not have their schedules that far in advance.  usually 4-6 months out

With due respect many airlines open reservations 11 month prior to flight.   Some actually open at 354 days ahead (Air Canada). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

With due respect many airlines open reservations 11 month prior to flight.   Some actually open at 354 days ahead (Air Canada). 

that s interesting. That would be newer. Air canada said 6 months. Family and friends all AC peeps from ramp rats to pilots. . The schedules change for sure and you can book a flight 6 months out, as we did, and have it change 3x. 

53 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

that s interesting. That would be newer. Air canada said 6 months. Family and friends all AC peeps from ramp rats to pilots. . The schedules change for sure and you can book a flight 6 months out, as we did, and have it change 3x. 

To my knowledge It has been that way for over a decade.   They are part of Star Alliance.

Go to their site and do a mock booking  -  Just did one for April 10 of 2025  -    Results returned about 20 flights both AC and Code Share.

image.thumb.png.3ffac3bf5e24a0264c63e57b833aa0d2.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To my knowledge It has been that way for over a decade.   They are part of Star Alliance.

Go to their site and do a mock booking  -  Just did one for April 10 of 2025  -    Results returned about 20 flights both AC and Code Share.

image.thumb.png.3ffac3bf5e24a0264c63e57b833aa0d2.png

Yes. They show that. That maybe the printed schedule  does not mean flight times will remain the same.  Ie. our last AC round trips, booked more than 4 months out changed 3x on departure and 2x on return.  That is the way it is. It can print out that way - no guarantee as too far iut

12 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

We always fly AC and book as soon as available, usually around 10-11 mos. prior.  Last year we did have the flight/plane/time changed.  Booked Nov. 2024 cruise flight approx. Jan. '24, so waiting for a change in about a months time..LOL....they seem to adjust their schedule around the 6 mos. point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We always fly AC and book as soon as available, usually around 10-11 mos. prior.  Last year we did have the flight/plane/time changed.  Booked Nov. 2024 cruise flight approx. Jan. '24, so waiting for a change in about a months time..LOL....they seem to adjust their schedule around the 6 mos. point.

yes. We ve noticed that too.   Last time a flight time change not only time 3x but also type of aircraft 3x. That makes a difference if you have done seat selection. We went from a 2 side by side to 3 seats,  then back to 2 but on one flight the change showed another passenger in between DH and myself

Fingers crossed, your flights stay the same

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Yes. They show that. That maybe the printed schedule  does not mean flight times will remain the same.  Ie. our last AC round trips, booked more than 4 months out changed 3x on departure and 2x on return.  That is the way it is. It can print out that way - no guarantee as too far iut

On that point I agree 100%.   I don't think I have ever had a reservation made a year out that was not changed in some way.       I have even made reservations 30 days out and had them dramatically revise the flight.    The good thing is most airlines have rules that if a flight changes by more than XX minutes (90-120 for many airlines) they have to accept an acceptable rebooking at no charge or a 100% refund)

• Like 1