Heads Up, Oceania Messed Up Our Flash Sale $$ Total

cluso

We took advantage of the Flash Sale to lower our fare for a September trip.  On Saturday, when I talked to an O agent, it was sorted out as expected.  We have not paid final yet.  She said I would have to wait until Tuesday for a manger to review the numbers.  After not receiving a new invoice by late afternoon today, I checked my reservation online.  It had gone UP several thousand, same cabin.  Of course, I immediately called O (on hold only 3 minutes).  Turns out the "Revenue Dept" applied a different promotion.  That's wild, same cabin for almost $2,000 more.  I wonder what that promotion was...The Flash sale ends tomorrow.  Our fare is now reduced as expected by $818. We had already reduced it earlier by $1800 when we changed to SM.  Those numbers are per cabin, not PP.   I do have the new invoice now.

Time for some liquid refreshment.  🤪  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, cluso said:

reduced it earlier by $1800 when we changed to SM. 

I'm dying to know how you did that? Beer, wine and Champagne. And shore excursions?

1 hour ago, clo said:

I'm dying to know how you did that? Beer, wine and Champagne. And shore excursions?

We booked in June 2023 for September 2024 directly with O.  This was before SM.  As I recall, O lowered the fares, maybe to entice cruisers to SM.  I was on the fence for a while.  Anyway, we got the total fare reduction of $1800, SM drinks, and $300 pp excursions, for an A-2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1