Vancouver Skytrain to cruise port from Airport or from Bridgeport Station

We will be spending the night before our cruise at the Holiday Inn Express Richmond. It appears that the Bridgeport Station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I'm wondering if that is a good option to take the SkyTrain to the cruise port or should we use the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the Sky Train from there?

Would the train likely be really crowded on a cruise day, so we would have a hard time finding space for luggage and it would be better to go back to the airport since it would be empty leaving from there?

Our cruise is on a Saturday in July and it appears there will be 3 ships in port that day.

Or....am I mis-reading maps and not even looking at the right train?

Any additional advice?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

We will be spending the night before our cruise at the Holiday Inn Express Richmond. It appears that the Bridgeport Station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I'm wondering if that is a good option to take the SkyTrain to the cruise port or should we use the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the Sky Train from there?

Would the train likely be really crowded on a cruise day, so we would have a hard time finding space for luggage and it would be better to go back to the airport since it would be empty leaving from there?

Our cruise is on a Saturday in July and it appears there will be 3 ships in port that day.

Or....am I mis-reading maps and not even looking at the right train?

Any additional advice?

Thanks!

Personally, I'd go to the airport and take the Canada Line train from there; just to save on hauling luggage behind me, but it's up to you.  No worries on crowding.

Edited by d9704011
  • Thanks 1

If you go from the Airport you will have to pay the $5.00 per person extra fare but not from the Bridgeport station.

Another advantage of getting on at Bridgeport is that the other train from Richmond proper meets the YVR line there so you have more frequent service.

All the Canada Line trains have designated luggage area.

Hope this helps

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd also do Bridgeport - because the trains double up, if the first one is already too full to conveniently board with lots of bags you will wait as little as 2mins for the next train, and all the trains on the 'regular commuter' Richmond branch rather than YVR have far fewer people with luggage.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PC Skier said:

How far is the walk from the Canada Line train to the cruise port? 

Not far; less than 10 minutes easy walking.

Screenshot_20240531_115826_Maps.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/31/2024 at 8:23 AM, PC Skier said:

How far is the walk from the Canada Line train to the cruise port? 

It is an easy 10 minute walk.   If going to the cruise terminal it is downhill.    We did the reverse a couple weeks ago and was uphill but not too steep. 

• Like 1