My Time Dining Reservations

5 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I just booked MTD reservations for an October cruise on Symphony and the earliest I saw for any of the days was 6:45. I wonder what happens if you show up earlier? My experience in the past was that it didn't really matter, so long as you had a reservation, unless the line for people with reservations doesn't open until 6:45.

They did not open MTD until 7pm on Oasis - they had a sign up to not get in line before 7 pm!

8 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I just booked MTD reservations for an October cruise on Symphony and the earliest I saw for any of the days was 6:45. I wonder what happens if you show up earlier? My experience in the past was that it didn't really matter, so long as you had a reservation, unless the line for people with reservations doesn't open until 6:45.

I've read that you can show up shortly after Main seating starts, and they will seat you if a table is available.  Of course, YMMV.

I booked MTD for my Sept. Symphony cruise a couple of days ago, and they did have 6:30 available a few days, but I booked 6:45 fore each day.  I'm hoping to get the new "middle" time (between early and late) fixed dining that they are trailing on some ships; I ended up doing that on my recent Oasis TA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They did not open MTD until 7pm on Oasis - they had a sign up to not get in line before 7 pm!

The sign on my recent Oasis TA was for the non-reservations line.  But, of course, people got in line before 7 PM.  😄

• Like 1

We sail 11/17 on Symphony.  A few days ago I was able to get 6:30pm MTD for every night, except one night at 6:45pm.  

It definitely appears to be all over the place, i.e. in terms of ship, date of sailing, etc. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

when we cruised the dining rooms opened for first seating and My Time diners had to wait until the first seating people were done eating. If my recollection is correct they used to have a dedicated restaurant for my time diners. Of course I could be remembering wrong but we used to go eat around 5:45pm to 6pm when we had MTD before covid anyway.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

when we cruised the dining rooms opened for first seating and My Time diners had to wait until the first seating people were done eating. If my recollection is correct they used to have a dedicated restaurant for my time diners. Of course I could be remembering wrong but we used to go eat around 5:45pm to 6pm when we had MTD before covid anyway.

Exactly. It used to be that they had separate dining rooms for fixed and MTD. It seems like they're now treating MTD customers as an afterthought, they'll let them eat when they have room for them. Funny, since I thought that they were trying to push people to do that instead of fixed seating.

Or are they just trying to get by with less staff and having them serve both fixed and MTD guests?

Edited by MisterBill99

11 hours ago, Momofshan said:

We sail 11/17 on Symphony.  A few days ago I was able to get 6:30pm MTD for every night, except one night at 6:45pm.  

It definitely appears to be all over the place, i.e. in terms of ship, date of sailing, etc. 

We're sailing from NJ, so maybe dining starts 15 minutes earlier in Florida sailings. It's also possible that the 6:30 slots got taken on my cruise. We just booked, and I had not looked until now. But it seemed odd not to have 6:30 for any night.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

We're sailing from NJ, so maybe dining starts 15 minutes earlier in Florida sailings. It's also possible that the 6:30 slots got taken on my cruise. We just booked, and I had not looked until now. But it seemed odd not to have 6:30 for any night.

I just booked my early September Symphony cruise, and there was a few nights with 6:30 available.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I just booked my early September Symphony cruise, and there was a few nights with 6:30 available.

Well, if they start seating people at 6:30, we can get there early. We're doing specialty dining at least 3 of the 7 nights, since we got a free meal from our TA and now that we're D+ thanks to the changes announced last week, we'll get 2 BOGO meals. Will see if I can get a discount for other nights, too. A friend who's on Anthem in the UK said that last week they were offering 50% off. So I don't expect to be in the MDR most nights, anyway.

Edited by MisterBill99