LIVE from Anthem June 2-21 - B2B Canaries and Fjords

I'm noticing a lot of coats, does the ship feel more crowded than your leg through the Canaries if the pool deck is less in use, is the flowrider more deserted? Can't tell if it got warm enough to take the coats off or if just some are hardier Europeans who are comfortable with the cold? LOVE the goats!! 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, T-2 said:

I'm noticing a lot of coats, does the ship feel more crowded than your leg through the Canaries if the pool deck is less in use, is the flowrider more deserted? Can't tell if it got warm enough to take the coats off or if just some are hardier Europeans who are comfortable with the cold? LOVE the goats!! 

This leg feels more like our experiences on Alaska cruises, where many of the people are here because cruising is the most effective way to see everything.  For the Canaries cruise the people were here because they wanted to go on a cruise.  The last cruise was pretty much all Americans and Brits, and this one is much more varied.

The pool deck is less in use, but it's colder up here (Just like Alaska cruises).  Flowrider has been about the same both legs, no more than 6 in the queue at any given time.  I haven't been going to every session because I really maxed out the first leg with some hours on my own, and this old body is pretty sore.  I tend to do stupid things like ride the top of the wave and attempt stalls, which can have painful consequences.

As for the coats, today was like a 4 season day.  You needed the coats early due to cold and rain, but once the sun came out it got pretty warm.  It is only 60 now, but it feels really warm in the sun.  We worked up a sweat on the walk back to the ship.  I'm lounging on the balcony now in a t-shirt.

17185531796222882548612430247090.thumb.jpg.f8ca18a9d0d09689692b64f08853c074.jpg

Edited by mil76
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, little britain said:

Unique to UK cruises… a gin menu … and you can get slimline tonic!!! #ginheaven!  It’s time for a 404. 

* or to cruises with a large British contingent 

IMG_3951.jpeg

Not to mention the expanded selection of English beers!  Never had a London Pride or Old Speckled Hen until this cruise.

• Haha 1

Weather cleared up a bit for sail-away, but it got much colder.

Askoy Bridge encore 

20240616_192206.thumb.jpg.20c363528d7fc7af94c62ba1c2e84b53.jpg

20240616_192232.thumb.jpg.ee370fb1485f427c11b4de5556d13ba3.jpg

20240616_192238.thumb.jpg.982d432fce7aa7325e40cfbe9cb1a2ed.jpg

20240616_192248.thumb.jpg.ceff9fba83eee94dc36e89e37e52c22b.jpg

And another bridge for good measure (Sotra bridge) although we didn't go under this one.

20240616_193023.thumb.jpg.eb866e46afc139c09e78d2a77ebd88e6.jpg

• Like 2

The continual badgering for 10s is getting on my nerves. 

They need to learn us Brits do not do this overkill service stuff!  And we don’t rush our food down in 40 minutes.

Rant over.

Off to watch the England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 football ️ match!! 

• Like 4

Went to the pool deck to watch England-Serbia on the pixilated big screen.  Sport24 satellite feed went out so we missed the England goal.  Then started raining.  Satellite came back on then went out just before halftime. I had enough so I'm back in the room watching uninterrupted on my Firestick.

46 minutes ago, little britain said:

The continual badgering for 10s is getting on my nerves. 

They need to learn us Brits do not do this overkill service stuff!  And we don’t rush our food down in 40 minutes.

Rant over.

Off to watch the England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 football ️ match!! 

It's completely out of hand.  I didnt mention this before, but they were playing a "10 out of 10" song in the Windjammer on the last day of the last cruise.  I work in customer support and we fire people for this type.of behavior.  I used to get the feeling that RCCL tried to prevent this, but now it is standard operating procedure.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, mil76 said:

It's completely out of hand.  I didnt mention this before, but they were playing a "10 out of 10" song in the Windjammer on the last day of the last cruise.  I work in customer support and we fire people for this type.of behavior.  I used to get the feeling that RCCL tried to prevent this, but now it is standard operating procedure.

We were asked probably 15 times ( I’m not kidding) during dinner about the food , the service yadda yadda….

afraid the last guy that came round got snapped at. 
If I see the HD I will mention this. As a P I have never experienced this overkill on any other cruise!! 

1:0 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿👍

ps: when are we going to meet? 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

I was watching a you tube about Anthem (I’m getting excited) and they mentioned that at breakfast in the MDR there is a small buffet. Since it was from a while ago I was wondering if they still had it available.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, little britain said:

1:0 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿👍

ps: when are we going to meet? 

Typical middling England opeming performance. Now they will proceed to get our hopes up and let us down like they always do. 

I'm not hard to find.  I'm the only Yank wearing an England jersey. 🤪

I'll be at the Flowrider in the morning, weather permitting.  Our excursion isn't isnt until 10:45.

Edited by mil76

Watched the fjords for a few hours then fell back asleep.  Missed the Flowrider.  Now docked in Flåm

20240617_082939.thumb.jpg.8320ee2352cc50bf64f6d2824f316d42.jpg

And our little buddy is still with us.

20240617_083014.thumb.jpg.027a70dbd49de671c5acf0c72d175e25.jpg

• Like 2

We are booked today to do the Nærøyfjord cruise from Gudvangen to Flåm.  A shuttle bus takes us through the tunnel to Gudvangen, then we take a boat back. We didn't do the train since we just did White Pass railway in Skagway last September.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ATG said:

I was watching a you tube about Anthem (I’m getting excited) and they mentioned that at breakfast in the MDR there is a small buffet. Since it was from a while ago I was wondering if they still had it available.

They had that when I cruised out of Southampton in September 2022 but not in April 2023 or July 2023. The app suggests it's back so I'm hoping it is and will still be operating when we board in September. It was an altogether much pleasanter and more civilised affair than the WJ and had all the basics.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

No, we're on the 1st to France and Spain. Mum and daughter trip.

Are you on the 20th?

Yes 20th, pity, it would be lovely to meet after reading your helpful posts these last few years . 

Hope you have a great trip with your mum 

Edited by sgmn