5-30-24 Thursday Weigh-In---Last Weigh-In of May

Sorry, this is late. Remember any one can start this post.

Thank you, Hopeful, for talking more after I ask and then I didn't come on much.

Some problems here, medical and such. Will try to do better in talking here.

Nice to hear how everyone is doing and read the tips you give.

Still trying to eat one meal and snack, working lost 2 pounds. Little sad, was suppose

to be on a cruise this week. Had to cancel.

Hope to see you all in here. Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for posting Belle, I almost started the thread, but always seem to want to wait to see if you will show up!  

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your cruise --- hoping that you are ok.  I will post tomorrow morning (hopefully) as I didn't weigh myself until I was at cancer care ... and they always weigh after eating and way too much clothes!!!  Jan

Belle, congratulations on the 2 pounds.  So sorry you had to cancel a cruise!  That has got to be a real bummer. And I am sorry you are suffering some health issues.  When we start experiencing two steps forward followed by one step back, it makes it feel like we need to step up the pace to out run something.  I hope things level out soon.

Jan-in-Maine….I am sorry to learn you are being treated for cancer.  Please know that I am sending positive, healing vibes your way across the internet.  I agree, after eating and fully clothed is not my most favorable measurement of my weight.  I like the more biased accounting when I first wake up, have very little clothing on, and have evacuated all the “foul humors” from this worldly vessel. 😉

Today’s scale revealed I have neither lost nor gained.  My arms, shoulders and back have recovered from last week’s extreme workout, however I think it frightened my trainer and I have barely broken a sweat in our sessions since.  Saturday is my birthday and my husband is taking me to our favorite Italian Restaurant.  Shall I tempt fate one more time?

HopefulCruiser = Thanks for the good thoughts.  I have had a clean bill of health for over a year now - they just make me go visit them at cancer care once every 3-4 months to check everything out.  They are all so very nice, but I am ready to stop going .... but I also know that there is always the possibility of needing them again.  In the mean time I will continue to enjoy life and am enjoying going on cruises.

Last week we were on vacation down at the coast - I ate lots of food and drinks and desserts, but also did a lot of walking.  Weighed myself today and I am down 2.0#  --- I was also up a few pounds the weeks before, so I am managing in the long run to stay the same .... better than gaining!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week / weekend.  Jan

Good morning everyone!

Awww, Belle, I'm sorry you had to cancel a cruise. But 2 lb loss is great!

Jan, I'm glad you continue to get good reports!  And 2 lb loss while on vacation - that's great! Yes, staying the same is definitely better than gaining.

Hopeful, it's good that your body recovered from last week's workout, and congrats on staying the same.

You ladies are encouraging me...I am so struggling with maintaining. My daughter and husband are on their anniversary trip/cruise this week, so I've been staying with the (pre-teen and teen) granddaughters. My meals were good, but then there were too many salty/crunchy snacks and ice cream treats...and sadly the scales reflected that. Yesterday I was up 2 lbs from last week. Today I leave for the weekend with my other daughter. I think I will do better though, as we won't be sitting around in the evenings watching movies and snacking, like the granddaughters and I did 😊 This daughter has been on her own weight loss journey and has lost 50 lbs so far! I am so proud of her doing this, for her health's sake. So I hope to have a better report next week!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Terri

• Like 1

Belle sorry you not feeling well.

Jan - great health news.  You are great at staying the same better than gaining.

Hopeful - you keep me motivated.  
Just - I hope you get back on track - that’s the hardest part getting into a good routine and sticking with it.

Good morning.  Sorry not posting.  Too embarrassed to say sweet binging has continued - it’s out of control.   Put on more  lbs.  

hopefully things will improve - life issues getting resolved.

1. finalized the 50% cruise offer-  next year Feb on a Florida River cruise - October a Nashville to Chattanooga River cruise.

2. We’ve had crazy storms for past two weeks.  One lost power for 6 hours - I had a generac generator installed last fall yay🤩.   Then last Tuesday storm with 75mph winds blew over my back fence.  (Coincidentally have a friend staying at my house who has experience and is replacing the fence). 

3.  Walking is an issue.  Only tolerating  under a mile.  Combination of fractured pelvis and added weight.   Still want to try just drinking Glucerna 4-5 x day (no excuses I have unlimited  $3 coupons )

Still trying to get back on track.   Had to leave dog park yesterday not feeling well. Took blood pressure 😱 it was 128/46 - diastolic hypotension- have texted DR for advice.  Getting old sucks - biggest social activity is  at Dr.s office.