Princess Brisbane cruise VS Sydney cruise

Just now, ceeceeDee said:

Golly, we're both up early this morning! I had a pre dawn light bulb moment for a set design for our next stage show. What's your excuse? 🤣

It’s 7,45am here in Melbourne! Not early at all 🤣

no where near as exciting as your pre dawn moments however, mine are currently which cruise I should book and daily checking airfares watching for a special to nab 😁

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It’s 7,45am here in Melbourne! Not early at all 🤣

no where near as exciting as your pre dawn moments however, mine are currently which cruise I should book and daily checking airfares watching for a special to nab 😁

Yes, it's the same time here in sunny Queensland. I also have a resident Labrador tapping her paw to go for her morning run. I can almost hear her muttering 'Mum's on the computer AGAIN! Sigh'. 🙄

I'm not quite at the research future cruises stage as our limited time off has been used with our forthcoming cruise. However, early 2026 is looking good.😂

• Like 2

Just now, ceeceeDee said:

Yes, it's the same time here in sunny Queensland. I also have a resident Labrador tapping her paw to go for her morning run. I can almost hear her muttering 'Mum's on the computer AGAIN! Sigh'. 🙄

I'm not quite at the research future cruises stage as our limited time off has been used with our forthcoming cruise. However, early 2026 is looking good.😂

Our next trips are to family! South Africa at Christmas so Frank can be home for Christmas ❤️ then approx sometime UK summer (if we can gauge which week that will be 🤣🤣🤣) to see my family. Well cruise “something” after our visit before heading home.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Golly, we're both up early this morning! I had a pre dawn light bulb moment for a set design for our next stage show. What's your excuse? 🤣

My inspiration is a 4:10am alarm, followed by turning on a pre-dawn light bulb to prevent tripping over in the dark.

• Haha 3

My bladder usually gets me up around 4:30-5am. Occasionally I manage to nod off again but mostly that’s the end of my sleep. But if I sit in the lounge mid afternoon… 😴💤

For our "Are We Mad" trip we took out insurance through CoverMore as we were doing a helicopter flight in Alaska. If you read my half a review, you know that the helicopter flight was cancelled. 🤷‍♂️ (Maybe I should try to finish that review one day.)

Under the terms of the annual multi-trip policy we had purchased, we were able to do a longer trip because we returned home in the middle of it. If we returned to our home or place of business that ended a "trip" and we could start another one immediately! As it was we stayed at home for one night before commencing our next journey. 

YMMV

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

My inspiration is a 4:10am alarm, followed by turning on a pre-dawn light bulb to prevent tripping over in the dark.

And you have a 4.10am alarm for ????

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

My bladder usually gets me up around 4:30-5am. Occasionally I manage to nod off again but mostly that’s the end of my sleep. But if I sit in the lounge mid afternoon… 😴💤

For our "Are We Mad" trip we took out insurance through CoverMore as we were doing a helicopter flight in Alaska. If you read my half a review, you know that the helicopter flight was cancelled. 🤷‍♂️ (Maybe I should try to finish that review one day.)

Under the terms of the annual multi-trip policy we had purchased, we were able to do a longer trip because we returned home in the middle of it. If we returned to our home or place of business that ended a "trip" and we could start another one immediately! As it was we stayed at home for one night before commencing our next journey. 

YMMV

Unfortunately we can’t nip home in the middle from UK 😁

covermore is one of the top of the list in research though.

”Are we mad” was one of the most entertaining reports! Yes please continue 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

YMMV

Coming home isn't an option for us. I am now doing some homework towards getting a credit card with travel insurance included. Hopefully I will find a decent option in time to pay for flights and 2nd deposit for our 1/2 world. By the time I pay for the required portion of the travel, those 1% card fees and annual fees will go a long way toward paying for a policy

Single trip insurance for 75 days is almost double the price of an annual policy with a 45-day trip limit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Coming home isn't an option for us. I am now doing some homework towards getting a credit card with travel insurance included. Hopefully I will find a decent option in time to pay for flights and 2nd deposit for our 1/2 world. By the time I pay for the required portion of the travel, those 1% card fees and annual fees will go a long way toward paying for a policy

Single trip insurance for 75 days is almost double the price of an annual policy with a 45-day trip limit.

My insurance is westpac credit card complimentary and have never had a problem. Actually only claimed once but paid out within 10 days and very pleasant to deal with .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Coz I will sleep till at least 8am if I didn't have it. 

I would love to do that! I never set an alarm in my whole working life cos I’m rarely awake after 6am. But at the other end of the day I’m a wipeout lol I’m the literal morning person.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, arxcards said:

Conditions on the credit cards vary. On the ANZ Platinum, if we spend at least $20,000 on the card in the year, the $85 annual fee is waived. A drawback of this card is the limitation on pay-out for cancellation. It is only $20,000. That's OK for short cruises, but not for the world cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1