Past Firenze cruisers

45 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Does anyone know what is on deck 11 in place of Cucina del Capitano and Jijis like on the Panorama? The deck plans just show a grey area with nothing listed.

if you're asking about this area, no public space there, not accessible.

image.thumb.png.e97f2f78dfb1b00628fef547324c9334.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

It has pro's and con's. The deal breaker for me and why we will probably NOT sale on it again is for the following reasons....

1. The retractable roof is dumb. For just about the entire cruise it was closed making the main pool area very warm to the point of being miserable. The side areas (on 11) have nice seating but it's entirely closed in and there is zero air circulation. (Staff kept saying it was too windy to open roof up.

2. This ship should not have been assigned to CA. Small pool area pushes everyone to the back (aft)

3. The aft, while similar to Pano....Carnival now views it as necessary to have DJ music out there. The speakers are about a foot above your head and WAAAAAYYYY too loud to be enjoyable. You can't even hold a conversation.

4. Bars way to crowded.

5. Carnival clientele. Speakers on pool deck, the group next to us smoking weed on balcony.

6. Tried Serenity and while it's nice, there is NO breeze and hardly any shade. Got very hot even at sea. Worse during port.

On the positive...

1. Great that the chicken place is open for bfast and lunch.

2. We thought the buffet was good. MDR was excellent.

3. Service, excellent.

4. Il Vaggio excellent.

5. Good new bars

Since we are in San Diego, we really just cruise out of LB for quick getaways about once a month. We generally like Radiance. Since we cruise this itinerary so much, we always stay on the ship at port. We just want to relax. Turing the aft pool area into the new lido party area was frustrating for us. And the main pool area was a joke of heat, not many chairs and no breeze.

If you're the type that likes to chill in your room or inside doing activities, you will probably be fine.

Thanks for all the info. Deck 11 looked good to me also but if it is hot and stuffy I won't be going there. And I don't care for the DJ music either. Looks like I may end up  hanging out on deck 5 exterior if they don't open the retractable roof. I have two 5 day cruises back to back in November but at least I booked them when it was dirt cheap. I tried a 3 day on the Radiance last year and it was the most crowded I have ever felt. Deck 9 I felt like a pinball bouncing off people 😉 and the lido restaurant seems small to me compared to Spirit class ships.

6 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Does anyone know what is on deck 11 in place of Cucina del Capitano and Jijis like on the Panorama? The deck plans just show a grey area with nothing listed.

The basketball court is there. They just lowered it one level. Basketball court is on deck 11 on the Firenze and deck 12 on the Panorama. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vwwolfe said:

The basketball court is there. They just lowered it one level. Basketball court is on deck 11 on the Firenze and deck 12 on the Panorama. 

I checked out a pic of the aft of Firenze and it makes sense now. The structure that houses Cucina del Capitano and Jijis simply doesn't exist on the Firenze. I had lunch at Cucina del Capitano once on the Panorama and it was quite noisy above with basketball action.

6 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Seems like Carnival has had more trouble with arrivals since they switched to Cabo being the last stop instead of first. I won't book 7 day cruises this way, leaving Cabo at 2:30 PM is lame imho! When PV is the last stop they have 2 full sea days to get back.

Yeah, that's been discussed at length in other threads through time. I've never heard the official explanation as to why they reversed the itinerary for most of their cruises.

• Like 1

I was on the Firenze boarding May 16.  It was on the chilly side for me at that time.  I completely understood why Carnival brought the Firenze to Long Beach.  The retractable roof will work great during the cooler months in California.  My experience is that the weather is not warm until the ship hits Cabo.  The only day that it was warm/hot was the one day we were in Cabo.  I am guessing the roof will be open the entire trip in the summer months.  I did not watch any dive in movies on my trip, but I did notice that all the folks who did were not covered from head to toe in carnival blankets or beach towels.  It was very comfortable on the Lido deck with the roof closed on those evenings.  Deck 11 will be interesting.  In the hot summer months, look out.  I think it will so hot in that enclosed area.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

I was on the Firenze boarding May 16.  It was on the chilly side for me at that time.  I completely understood why Carnival brought the Firenze to Long Beach.  The retractable roof will work great during the cooler months in California.  My experience is that the weather is not warm until the ship hits Cabo.  The only day that it was warm/hot was the one day we were in Cabo.  I am guessing the roof will be open the entire trip in the summer months.  I did not watch any dive in movies on my trip, but I did notice that all the folks who did were not covered from head to toe in carnival blankets or beach towels.  It was very comfortable on the Lido deck with the roof closed on those evenings.  Deck 11 will be interesting.  In the hot summer months, look out.  I think it will so hot in that enclosed area.  

We did Venezia in Spring. The ship design was excellent. Closed roof the first day in chilly weather; open in the Caribbean. I actually really like the Carnival Italian style ships.