Key prices on Symphony of the Sea

1 hour ago, Gerry P said:

I did a search and couldn't find anything about the KEY package. Prices and what's included?

Thanks

Are you booked on Symphony?  If so, you can find it under "VIP Passes" in your cruise planner.

Posted (edited)

As I posted in my review of the sold out May 24 Symphony, I bought the Key for $32.99/person/day about 10 months out.  I checked Black Friday, but it never did get cheaper than the price I paid (and the 2 months before sailing was full price $49.99 with only 5 seats left).  If you wait, you'll probably see prices in the $30s for the Key on Symphony, but it's not likely to drop to the $20s...

Edited by TwoMisfits

We always get the Key.  I watch and when the price comes down to close to the internet I purchase.  We both like to have internet at the same time especially on sea days.  My husband uses wifi calling every day and last cruise he walked our house sitter through starting our generator after a bad storm came through. The first day is nice to drop of our carry ons and have a nice quiet lunch.  The last cruise we were first off the ship in Key West and the last morning we had a lovely quiet breakfast before leaving.  These are the things we enjoy about the Key.

7 hours ago, Gerry P said:

Why not needed on Oasis class?

Because boarding on oasis class ships is so fast. So you do not need priority boarding. You can literally walk on two minutes after key.  Also, each person in the room has to pay money for the key. If you buy multiple devices under one name, it becomes cheaper. You can sit right next to where the key people sit in the main theater. You still have to get there 20 minutes early if you have the key or not so no need for the key in the theater.  As far as getting lunch on the first day, you’re getting chops in the main dining room you can buy chops on your own for the first day and actually eat at chops and you will still be cheaper than what you paid for the key.  People think oh if the price is around the same as the Internet then it’s good. No, you have to do your research and put in multiple devices under one name. You will see that the price goes down. It’s not the same price at all. Getting off the ship is a breeze as well key people see a huge line and think oh we cut off that line and got out so much quicker. The line moves so fast. We are always off the ship in 15 minutes. This goes for all oasis class.  Also, they give you a priority time to go on different different things such flowrider with the key. It’s one time offer during the week at a time that nobody would be going anyway.  I can go on and on the key is not needed. The only time I would even consider it is if you are solo cruiser.

We have only had the key once and we really enjoyed it.  Since then, the prices have been so high we haven't bothered.  I was hoping to purchase for a Symphony cruise this coming September but the price is $36.99/pp.  Will watch the price, hoping maybe it will go down at some point.  Already purchased internet at a reasonable price during the Memorial Day sale.