L108 and M108 on Royal Princess

Anyone have any current pics or videos of these 2 cabins? If you have stayed in either one do you have any pros or cons about it? I've seen pics with the  furniture padded and without. 

Posted (edited)

I don't have any recent pics, but when we had M108 on the Royal some years back the furniture was padded. I think it's likely that it isn't by now. I say that because the same cabins on the newer ships don't have padded furniture, in my experience.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't have any recent pics, but when we had M108 on the Royal some years back the furniture was padded. I think it's likely that it isn't by now. I say that because the same cabins on the newer ships don't have padded furniture, in my experience.

Thanks! I guess I'll find out next year. Did you like the cabin? Any pros or cons?

I've posted videos a couple of times of M107 on the Majestic but we've also stayed in the same cabin on the Regal.  Royal would be the same.  It's like a two room version of a shrunken full suite with a mini suite bathroom and lots of storage.  The bed faces forward and there's a window that allows you to look straight ahead from there but the curtains need to stay closed at night as light can interfere with the navigation on the bridge below.  The balcony is massive and extends out over the "wing" of the bridge.  The only time we couldn't be out there was when it was windy or rainy, otherwise it's amazing out there.  The only negative is that if you are prone to motion sickness you feel every wave up there so take precautions.  Other than that I wouldn't hesitate to book that mini suite again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I've posted videos a couple of times of M107 on the Majestic but we've also stayed in the same cabin on the Regal.  Royal would be the same.  It's like a two room version of a shrunken full suite with a mini suite bathroom and lots of storage.  The bed faces forward and there's a window that allows you to look straight ahead from there but the curtains need to stay closed at night as light can interfere with the navigation on the bridge below.  The balcony is massive and extends out over the "wing" of the bridge.  The only time we couldn't be out there was when it was windy or rainy, otherwise it's amazing out there.  The only negative is that if you are prone to motion sickness you feel every wave up there so take precautions.  Other than that I wouldn't hesitate to book that mini suite again.

Thank you so much!

Posted (edited)

My opinion is M107 and M108 are the best staterooms on the Royal Class ships, especially now that they are Reserve Class. We had cushions on the balcony with wood furniture M108 on the Royal Princess in May 2016. I too have seen pictures as stated above where they were replaced with the traditional patio furniture. Regarding the Mini-Suite it was the best non-full suite we ever sailed in. Absolutely loved the huge window in the bedroom. As long as you leave the light off with the room in total darkness, (this is a must) you can open the curtain, and looking out the window at the stars in a dark room from the bed is amazing. Also loved the absolutely huge balcony that is directly on top of the bridge. Please note you also must keep the light off on the balcony as well as keeping the balcony curtain closed at night. The only thing my wife complained about was it's a long walk from the fore elevators/stairs to M108 in the front of the ship. The only difference between M107-08 and L107-08 is the Lido deck versions have smaller while still large balconies. Either way, you cannot go wrong.

Edited by Mike A
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, dolls123 said:

Thanks! I guess I'll find out next year. Did you like the cabin? Any pros or cons?

I love those cabins! The two on Marina deck are our very favorites. Back in April we had one on Lido deck, and it was also great. The Marina deck cabins have larger, think huge, decks, while the cabins on Lido have smaller but still very large decks and larger bedrooms. As noted above, looking out the window at the stars is wonderful. You only need to keep the curtains closed when you have a light on in the cabin. We open our curtains when we turn in for the night. These cabins have steel-fronted balconies, which doesn't bother us. We like the separation between sleeping and living areas, since one of us can get up way too early (not always the same person) and be free to move around without disturbing the other.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike A said:

My opinion is M107 and M108 are the best staterooms on the Royal Class ships, especially now that they are Reserve Class. We had cushions on the balcony with wood furniture M108 on the Royal Princess in May 2016. I too have seen pictures as stated above where they were replaced with the traditional patio furniture. Regarding the Mini-Suite it was the best non-full suite we ever sailed in. Absolutely loved the huge window in the bedroom. As long as you leave the light off with the room in total darkness, (this is a must) you can open the curtain, and looking out the window at the stars in a dark room from the bed is amazing. Also loved the absolutely huge balcony that is directly on top of the bridge. Please note you also must keep the light off on the balcony as well as keeping the balcony curtain closed at night. The only thing my wife complained about was it's a long walk from the fore elevators/stairs to M108 in the front of the ship. The only difference between M107-08 and L107-08 is the Lido deck versions have smaller while still large balconies. Either way, you cannot go wrong.

Thanks! We always book either the aft or forward cabins so I don't mind the walk. It's the only exercise I get on cruises beside walking the ship and in port 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I love those cabins! The two on Marina deck are our very favorites. Back in April we had one on Lido deck, and it was also great. The Marina deck cabins have larger, think huge, decks, while the cabins on Lido have smaller but still very large decks and larger bedrooms. As noted above, looking out the window at the stars is wonderful. You only need to keep the curtains closed when you have a light on in the cabin. We open our curtains when we turn in for the night. These cabins have steel-fronted balconies, which doesn't bother us. We like the separation between sleeping and living areas, since one of us can get up way too early (not always the same person) and be free to move around without disturbing the other.

This is what I was hoping to hear. We just booked a b2b and both cabins were not available both weeks so we are doing M108 for 10 days and L108 for 5 days

12 minutes ago, dolls123 said:

This is what I was hoping to hear. We just booked a b2b and both cabins were not available both weeks so we are doing M108 for 10 days and L108 for 5 days

You're going to love those cabins! 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dolls123 said:

Anyone have any current pics or videos of these 2 cabins? If you have stayed in either one do you have any pros or cons about it? I've seen pics with the  furniture padded and without. 

There are a ton of videos out there on these cabins.  Look for any Royal class ship and they're all alike for these cabins. 

• Like 1

We found the balcony very windy when at sea but great when in port and it was HUGE.  The main issue we had was that we had it set up with two twin beds which made the walkway between the closet and the bed very tight. If the closet door was open you couldn't pass. And at night I had to be careful not to hit the bed and wake my mom if I went to the bathroom.

• Like 1