Coming off ship in Lisbon early morning..flight back to U.S. not til 4:40 p.m. need advice.

We were able to get NS Business Class flight back to U.S. on points from Lisbon on day of disembarkation. Not sure how we will deal with logistics of getting off ship with our luggage at 9 a.m. with a 4:40 flight home. We are flying TAP Air Portugal so I have heard advice that ideally we should be checking in at the airport about 1:30 p.m. Should we just go right to the airport and camp out for the 6 plus hours prior to our flight? Would they let us check our bags very early and wait in the Business Class Lounge, or would we run against "can't check bags too early" rules? Should we hire a guide and do a couple of hours of touring with our luggage in the car? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

1 hour ago, edgee said:

We were able to get NS Business Class flight back to U.S. on points from Lisbon on day of disembarkation. Not sure how we will deal with logistics of getting off ship with our luggage at 9 a.m. with a 4:40 flight home. We are flying TAP Air Portugal so I have heard advice that ideally we should be checking in at the airport about 1:30 p.m. Should we just go right to the airport and camp out for the 6 plus hours prior to our flight? Would they let us check our bags very early and wait in the Business Class Lounge, or would we run against "can't check bags too early" rules? Should we hire a guide and do a couple of hours of touring with our luggage in the car? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I think you'll probably get the "too early" rigmarole.

However, there is luggage storage at Lisbon Airport so you could head there and store your bags and head into the centre for a few hours.

The metro is right at the airport and it's a quick ride from there to the centre.

Alternatively take the metro to Oriente (3 stops) and have a wander around the Parque das Nações, which was the venue for Expo 98.

https://www.lisbonairport.pt/en/lis/services-shopping/essential-services/baggage-services

• Like 1

Do you actually have to be off the ship by 9 AM? Vacating your cabin early helps your cabin steward, who has a lot of work to do that day, but I've seen airport transfers for late flights scheduled as late as 1.30 PM. I've seen 1 hour lines for Schengen exit at LIS, so that doesn't seem exceptionally early.