Queen Anne Queens Grill menus please?

First time Cunard cruiser. We will be on the Queen Anne in the Queens Grill and considering visiting a speciality restaurant. But does the Queens Grill dinner menu change every day - and does it cover steak anyway?

If you are cruising on it any time this year, will you be able please to put up the Queens Grill dinner menu each day - that would be wonderful, thank you for your help!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

First time Cunard cruiser. We will be on the Queen Anne in the Queens Grill and considering visiting a speciality restaurant. But does the Queens Grill dinner menu change every day - and does it cover steak anyway?

If you are cruising on it any time this year, will you be able please to put up the Queens Grill dinner menu each day - that would be wonderful, thank you for your help!

You can see menus  but at the end of the day, if there's nothing on them you fancy, as long as the ingredients are on the ship, you can order what you want either at dinner the night before, or breakfast or lunch time so yes, steak is most definitely covered. 👍

If the following day's menu isn't in the slot before you leave for drinks/dinner, ask to see the menus for the following day when you sit down to dine.

We were on QA 10th May cruise, along with another CC member and have a bit of QG experience so ask away.

edit

Yes the menus change every day and the a la carte menu, usually every week.

Edited by Victoria2

Just now, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you Victoria2. So did you eat in the Queens Grill every night?

Yes. Apart from either dining with friends not in our restaurant or wanting to dine with fellow Q.G'rillers we meet onboard and then we choose an evening pop up [alternative dining] in the Lido, we always dine QG. Always.

Why pay for a speciality restaurant when you’ve already forked out for the QG? Just to expand further: there are two sections of the alc: one that lasts forever, with things like chateaubriand and lobster Thermidor on it, and the one that changes every few days, which also has some starters on it. The latter now includes three choices for each course, I think, down from five a few years ago, and four recently. If these don’t suit, you can ask for anything else.

• Like 2

Thank you both very much. The reason I ask is that our friends have chosen to be in the Britannia Club and I would like to eat with them one night. So if we go for the pop-up in the Lido, do we need to book that (when?) and is there a charge for that?

6 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you both very much. The reason I ask is that our friends have chosen to be in the Britannia Club and I would like to eat with them one night. So if we go for the pop-up in the Lido, do we need to book that (when?) and is there a charge for that?

The QA is a bit different and does not have pop-ups. It has distinct speciality restaurants, Sir Samuels, a steak house, and three ethnic ones (Italian, Indian, Japanese) the names of which I can’t remember, at varying prices. These were heavily booked in advance on our voyage, but that might soon wear off, especially as service issues in the MDR are ironed out.

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The QA is a bit different and does not have pop-ups. It has distinct speciality restaurants, Sir Samuels, a steak house, and three ethnic ones (Italian, Indian, Japanese) the names of which I can’t remember, at varying prices. These were heavily booked in advance on our voyage, but that might soon wear off, especially as service issues in the MDR are ironed out.

I can confirm there has been availability every day in all of the speciality restaurants on this voyage.  There is currently availability for all of them for the last two remaining days, although most times available are 7.00pm through 8.30pm.  Sir Samuel's lunch tomorrow is also still available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Could we ask say for an Indian main course in the Queens Grill? And would they bring it to us from the speciality restaurant? 

Yes, you can. Quite a lot of the QG chefs are Indian, and will be happy to contrive you an Indian banquet, given suitable notice. Or you can ask for the speciality restaurant version.

On one occasion, our Indian Head Waiter offered an Indian cuisine night. We had three courses, all superb.

Some of our other special requests include Peking Duck (3 days notice required), which is finished at your table and Chinese style crispy beef with fried rice.

You certainly won't go hungry.

Incidentally, where do you go for the Diamond free lunch on QA?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

On one occasion, our Indian Head Waiter offered an Indian cuisine night. We had three courses, all superb.

Some of our other special requests include Peking Duck (3 days notice required), which is finished at your table and Chinese style crispy beef with fried rice.

You certainly won't go hungry.

Incidentally, where do you go for the Diamond free lunch on QA?

Sir Sam’s I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Could we ask say for an Indian main course in the Queens Grill? And would they bring it to us from the speciality restaurant? 

You can ask for the speciality version but if it comes from the QG kitchen, it might not be an exact replica of Coriander unless specified exactly as the Coriander version. I learnt that last year with Crispy beef. It wasn't as Bamboo. Tasty but not what I expected or to be honest, wanted.

If Coriander is on rotation on your cruise, you might be able to get the meal direct but that seems to be pot luck, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Either way, ask for an 'Indian Evening' and as  BigMac1953 says, the head waiter will discuss your likes and  will order the meal accordingly. 

We have never been disappointed.

3 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

So no-one in QG ever needs to pay for a speciality restaurant? Thank you!

Unless I’m missing something, if you dine in a chargeable specialty restaurant as a QG’er, you still have to pay the surcharge. Unless you have a Diamond WC status.
You mentioned you want to meet up with friends at an alt restaurant so you’ll still have to pay extra. 
Based in this discussion, I’m thinking of canceling my Frontier booking in a couple weeks in Alaska and order off-menu to replicate what Frontier offers. 
I like sticking with the same dining crew during the voyage. 

4 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

There will be a charge for the alternative dining unless you have a Diamond dinner perk [not Verandah, that's charegable ]. It's not much though and worth it if you want to dine with friends outside your restaurant.

Alternatively, you might be able to dine with your friends in the Britannia Club restaurant one night. If yes, then no charge there. Unfortunately, dining 'down' is a possibility, 'up', not.

22 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

You can ask for the speciality version but if it comes from the QG kitchen, it might not be an exact replica of Coriander unless specified exactly as the Coriander version. I learnt that last year with Crispy beef. It wasn't as Bamboo. Tasty but not what I expected or to be honest, wanted.

If Coriander is on rotation on your cruise, you might be able to get the meal direct but that seems to be pot luck, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Either way, ask for an 'Indian Evening' and as  BigMac1953 says, the head waiter will discuss your likes and  will order the meal accordingly. 

We have never been disappointed.

I think they are on QA, so no pop-ups.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you all very much, especially exlondoner. 

Noted just one meat main a day! (We don't eat shellfish). I shall have to try the fish dishes too!

Some days there are two meat/poultry mains. And quite a few more on the alc, including lamb, duck, beef, chicken. However, Britannia had Guinea fowl one night, which never appeared on ours.

2 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Aha! Also an ALC menu with meat choices all week? 

(I had thought alc = alcohol menu! Trust me!)

From memory, the permanent ones are rack of lamb, flamed duck, chateaubriand, some other sort of steak, lobster Thermidor, Dover sole, and some form of roast chicken. Then there are a few more on rotation. You will not need to become a vegetarian, though some of the veggie dishes are very nice.