1L water bottle being discontinued

On the current Star sailing they no longer are selling the 1L Flow water bottles. Instead they seems to have a new partnership with the company Pure for water and energy drinks.

The new water are 16oz aluminum cans and are not resealable.

Also the Pure energy drinks are included with the open bar package.

Any other ships have this change too? We were disappointed about the water change since the new ones are not resealable. 

13 minutes ago, paddy1112 said:

What possibilities are there on the ship to refill water bottles apart from the tap in the cabin?

You can go to the buffet (or anywhere that they have drink stations) and use their glasses to refill your water bottles.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, paddy1112 said:

What possibilities are there on the ship to refill water bottles apart from the tap in the cabin?

And tab water in many public washrooms.

9 hours ago, DorothyB said:

You can go to the buffet (or anywhere that they have drink stations) and use their glasses to refill your water bottles.  

A  hydroflask  filled with ice at the buffet is better than any ice bucket your steward might bring you.  Add water as desired. 

I'm not sure why you said the aluminum bottles aren't resealable. The cap screws back on.

I just bring my own drinking water bottle and a little silicone funnel and go to the buffet and use a glass to fill my own bottle with perfectly fine Reverse Osmosis ship drinking water.

8 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I'm not sure why you said the aluminum bottles aren't resealable. The cap screws back on.

I just bring my own drinking water bottle and a little silicone funnel and go to the buffet and use a glass to fill my own bottle with perfectly fine Reverse Osmosis ship drinking water.

The Star has different ones right now. They are aluminum cans with a tab pop top. From a company called Pure.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

They are not screw type bottles on the Star but a pull-ring can, so cannot be resealed once opened.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KforKitty said:

They are not screw type bottles on the Star but a pull-ring can, so cannot be resealed once opened.  

That is pretty useless in my opinion. I don't want to drink all of of it once and to not be able to reseal, well that's bad! God thing I have my own refillable bottle and there is good water available for free!

• Like 1