HAL Transfer in Rome

Let me start by stating that I know that there is a Port of Call board, but my question is specific to HAL. I have been looking at options for transportation to our hotel post cruise in Rome and the transfers say port to city center, anybody ever taken this and know where the drop off point is? I looked on HAL website but it doesn't say. Thanks!

We used Rome Airport Shuttles last year and will use them again this year.  Only six people per vehicle.  Price is $105 euros for the two of us.  Much cheaper and less chaos than the HAL shuttle.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

When we ended our Nieuw Statendam cruise in Civitavecchia in 2019, we rode the transportation excursion that took us to Rome proper. Along with some panoramic bus touring, we stopped at San Paulo Fuori le Mure Basilica. Our bus finally dropped us at the Giardini di Piazza Mazzini in the Della Vitoria quarter. It is NW of Villa Borghese and west of the river. There is a taxi rank there so very easy to continue on. That cruise our hotel was down by Roma Termini so a quick taxi ride to the hotel.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JMorbem said:

We used Rome Airport Shuttles last year and will use them again this year.  Only six people per vehicle.  Price is $105 euros for the two of us.  Much cheaper and less chaos than the HAL shuttle.  

I went and booked with them! Good price, very accommodating, and good website to book. Thank you for the info!

10 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

I went and booked with them! Good price, very accommodating, and good website to book. Thank you for the info!

Good choice, we NEVER use HAL or any cruise line shuttles as they are overpriced crowded 30+ passenger buses. We either use private transports like your choice or Uber.  We have used Welcome Pickups very successfully in Europe.

11 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

I can also add support of Rome Airport Shuttles - we used them Nov & Dec last year w/o issues and would use them again.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1