Queen Anne Western Mediterranean - H414

MylesS

29 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Where are you going to? Hope they are OK.

Lisbon area by the looks of it, Cascais or Lisbon itself, maybe Setúbal.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Where are you going to? Hope they are OK.

Truth be told I was woken by the announcement, and didn’t catch it all.

I believe we’re going to the Portuguese coast, where the patients will be picked up by a lifeboat (similar to the RNLI the Captain said).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Setúbal

This rings a bell, I think you may be right. 

Really hoping for a good outcome regardless. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MylesS said:

This rings a bell, I think you may be right. 

Really hoping for a good outcome regardless. 

At the moment it looks like QA got within 2 miles or so of Sesimbra, which is a very small port to the west of Setúbal. And then is headed out offshore. In happier times, it would have been great if QA had made a formal stop at one of these two locations, but it's not the way it goes, unfortunately. Sesimbra is a small resort of 50,000, and Setúbal a rather larger town of 100,000.

Edited by Pushpit

Medical evacuation said to have gone very smoothly, so that’s great to hear. 

We’re back under way now. Captain is expecting a 30 minute to 1 hour delay to La Coruna.

• Like 3

I'm very sorry to hear of another medical evacuation.   

Has the number increased lately, or are we just seeing more live reports?

16 minutes ago, alc13 said:

I'm very sorry to hear of another medical evacuation.   

Has the number increased lately, or are we just seeing more live reports?

I think just more live reports. We had 2 or 3 during our summer trip last year.

• Like 3

So this is new, at least for me! This morning this letter was delivered to my stateroom along with next voyages identification card — no more having to go to the front desk at 8am!

IMG_6421.thumb.jpeg.f1b2066d60098e8c92fb93b5c2a243f5.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MylesS said:

So this is new, at least for me! This morning this letter was delivered to my stateroom along with next voyages identification card — no more having to go to the front desk at 8am!

IMG_6421.thumb.jpeg.f1b2066d60098e8c92fb93b5c2a243f5.jpeg

Same here except we aren't moving Stateroom. Very impressed with the organisation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

Same here except we aren't moving Stateroom. Very impressed with the organisation.

Thank you for this, as we have a B-to-B on QA next year and staying in same accommodation.

• Like 1

Here's a photo of mine showing Queen Anne taken from Queen Mary 2 about 11:50pm on June 22nd. Queen Anne is passing Queen Mary 2 on her way into Southampton to meet her earlier scheduled arrival time.

1719097959057.thumb.jpg.af6b06e8db9fbe887e664344c04a0c63.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, MylesS said:

I believe we’re going to pass her, so I’ll be staying up on deck 14 for a while to see if I can get any photos.

Worth the wait! 

IMG_7354.thumb.jpeg.0f6dea674f13c1c057772508495c2382.jpegIMG_6449.thumb.jpeg.bd5bab85999c351a156cc2cb1af711c1.jpegIMG_7348.thumb.jpeg.715c24c0bfcbeeae4375fc0d75c51260.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a photo of mine showing Queen Anne taken from Queen Mary 2 about 11:50pm on June 22nd. Queen Anne is passing Queen Mary 2 on her way into Southampton to meet her earlier scheduled arrival time.

1719097959057.thumb.jpg.af6b06e8db9fbe887e664344c04a0c63.jpg

I think we saw your flash from Queen Anne, or someone’s!

• Like 4

A slightly different version of events around the medical evacuation given here. According to this article both the patients were crew members and both suffered from internal bleeding. I assume there must have been an accident on-board:

https://www.marinha.pt/pt/media-center/Noticias/Paginas/Marinha-coordena-resgate-de-duas-pessoas-ao-largo-de-Sines.aspx

On 6/11/2024 at 10:17 AM, safarigal said:

As someone who always works from the ship, apart from issues with Google Docs, I have never had any difficulty accessing those websites and having a US VPN. I do feel sorry for the reviewer, but it was only a 7 day cruise, I wish they could have just relaxed and enjoyed a few days of holiday.

Which VPN service do you recommend to use on a cruise ship to bypass some of the restrictions?

7 hours ago, jay1283 said:

A slightly different version of events around the medical evacuation given here. According to this article both the patients were crew members and both suffered from internal bleeding. I assume there must have been an accident on-board:

https://www.marinha.pt/pt/media-center/Noticias/Paginas/Marinha-coordena-resgate-de-duas-pessoas-ao-largo-de-Sines.aspx

The main causes of internal bleeding are things like stomach ulcers and high blood pressure. Trauma can certainly cause it too, but that's less frequent. 

10 hours ago, Pushpit said:

The main causes of internal bleeding are things like stomach ulcers and high blood pressure. Trauma can certainly cause it too, but that's less frequent. 

I would think the chances of two crew members having internal bleeding due to separate health issues and requiring evacuation on the same day would be incredibly small, but perhaps the article is inaccurate.

• Like 2