Cabana with the Reflection Suite Celebrity Reflection?

chemmo

I have just been looking at a review on the Reflection Suite where they said they had a Cabana for the cruise included with the Suite. Is this a definite perk of the suite? I can’t find confirmation on the website. Not a deal breaker but would be nice…

Posted (edited)

We were on a B2B on Reflection with the first leg in the Penthouse and second leg in the Reflection Suite in April.  I had seen that same review, but that wasn’t offered to us either leg.  We only saw once in 8 days that anyone occupied one for the day - it was just too hot up there!

Edited by FlyingCruiser2

1 hour ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

We were on a B2B on Reflection with the first leg in the Penthouse and second leg in the Reflection Suite in April.  I had seen that same review, but that wasn’t offered to us either leg.  We only saw once in 8 days that anyone occupied one for the day - it was just too hot up there!

Thank you. We have done a few S class PH cruises and it hasn’t been an offered perk. To be honest we just thought we may enjoy a cabana on the sea days of the cruise…We may ask once on board…

How did you enjoy the Reflection suite vs the PH? 

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Never been a Suite perk in a RS or CS in my experience

Agree, nor in a PH. It was only because we saw a review where they had been given a cabana for the cruise I asked. I am wondering if their cruise was just post covid when ships were cruising at low capacity.

20 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Thank you. We have done a few S class PH cruises and it hasn’t been an offered perk. To be honest we just thought we may enjoy a cabana on the sea days of the cruise…We may ask once on board…

How did you enjoy the Reflection suite vs the PH? 

We actually preferred the PH.  You can read about our trip here:  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

We actually preferred the PH.  You can read about our trip here:  

I prefer the PH on the Reflection also for a number of reasons.

I did have a cabana included when in the PH on the Reflection and from March to May 2024 sailed 53 days B4B on the Solstice (HK to Vancouver) in the PH and had a cabana available every day for no charge. Unlike the Reflection, that has staff at the Lawn Club Grill and the Porch every day who are able to serve those in the cabanas, the Solstice does not have staff available unless a cabana is booked. On account of this, I was asked to let them know via my butler when I would like to use a cabana and they would have someone available for drinks and food. On the Reflection 2 of the 8 cabanas were labeled - one Reflection Suite and one PH and we just showed up whenever we wanted to. That was late 2022 to early 2023 and may be different now.

For what it worth, the Solstice has 6 cabanas they are seldom occupied. Also, the perk is not advertised and is at the discretion of the F and B director and then managed by the head maitre d'. 

I just read FC2's review linked above and agree that the M class PH is the best! Much nicer balcony than the E or S class and I like being closer to the ocean on deck 6. I like the room layout better with a nice separation of spaces, a great entrance foyer, and the butlers' pantry. The storage is better too. I prefer the revolutionized ones with nicer furniture on the balcony and the room is large enough that the Kelly effects are not overwhelming. The piano was replaced by a rotating chair... but the piano was not in the way like it is in the S class PH.

The E class PH is nice but some space is used by the extra bedroom that is not beneficial to us who travel as a couple. 

One of our favorite cruises was Pacific costal continuing on to the Panama Canal in the Millennium PH. The Panamanian workers used our balcony to manage the mules!

7 hours ago, billc23 said:

I just read FC2's review linked above and agree that the M class PH is the best! Much nicer balcony than the E or S class and I like being closer to the ocean on deck 6. I like the room layout better with a nice separation of spaces, a great entrance foyer, and the butlers' pantry. The storage is better too. I prefer the revolutionized ones with nicer furniture on the balcony and the room is large enough that the Kelly effects are not overwhelming. The piano was replaced by a rotating chair... but the piano was not in the way like it is in the S class PH.

The E class PH is nice but some space is used by the extra bedroom that is not beneficial to us who travel as a couple. 

One of our favorite cruises was Pacific costal continuing on to the Panama Canal in the Millennium PH. The Panamanian workers used our balcony to manage the mules!

Thanks!

We have enjoyed the M and S PH suites. Definitely love the M PH deck but prefer the restaurant selections on S class, especially Reflection and Silhouette. I guess this time we just fancied a change. I am travelling with my son and fiancée so the two bedrooms of the Reflection suite will be useful. Although travelling as a family we have never had a problem with the sofa beds in the lounge in the PH/RS.

8 hours ago, billc23 said:

I prefer the PH on the Reflection also for a number of reasons.

I did have a cabana included when in the PH on the Reflection and from March to May 2024 sailed 53 days B4B on the Solstice (HK to Vancouver) in the PH and had a cabana available every day for no charge. Unlike the Reflection, that has staff at the Lawn Club Grill and the Porch every day who are able to serve those in the cabanas, the Solstice does not have staff available unless a cabana is booked. On account of this, I was asked to let them know via my butler when I would like to use a cabana and they would have someone available for drinks and food. On the Reflection 2 of the 8 cabanas were labeled - one Reflection Suite and one PH and we just showed up whenever we wanted to. That was late 2022 to early 2023 and may be different now.

For what it worth, the Solstice has 6 cabanas they are seldom occupied. Also, the perk is not advertised and is at the discretion of the F and B director and then managed by the head maitre d'. 

I will definitely take some sea sickness tablets with me re the location and should get more exercise getting about the ship than we usually do when staying in an S class PH or RS! I do love the Elite breakfast in Tuscan but it is a long walk!

We have cruised Reflection before and did find the pool area crowded on sea days and obviously there is no suite deck, hence my interest in the cabana….Also on some port days I may stay on board while the family explore more. The cabana would be a nice space for me to sit and read.  I have visited most ports before and have some mobility issues so I will use my strength wisely! As the perk is discretionary I will ask on boarding…If we are not given one complementary then I may book for the first sea day and see how useful I find it…

Thanks to all that have replied.

• Like 1

I do agree that the restaurant selection on the Reflection is superior in numbers and variety. Having the second bedroom is great if there are extra people. While the sofa bed is fine, having the living space setup as only a living space is nicer. The extra privacy will be appreciated too.

The cabana should be included on the Reflection because they do not need to allocate extra staff and I have never seen them fully booked. If there is not a sign stating 'reserved for reflection suite' on one of the cabanas, I suggest asking the LCG Maitre D first because he/she manages the cabanas. The F/B director is the one who makes the decision and the Hotel director has the final say.  Sailing in the Reflection suite will give you easy access to the ships top management and they will (should) accommodate you.

45 minutes ago, billc23 said:

I do agree that the restaurant selection on the Reflection is superior in numbers and variety. Having the second bedroom is great if there are extra people. While the sofa bed is fine, having the living space setup as only a living space is nicer. The extra privacy will be appreciated too.

The cabana should be included on the Reflection because they do not need to allocate extra staff and I have never seen them fully booked. If there is not a sign stating 'reserved for reflection suite' on one of the cabanas, I suggest asking the LCG Maitre D first because he/she manages the cabanas. The F/B director is the one who makes the decision and the Hotel director has the final say.  Sailing in the Reflection suite will give you easy access to the ships top management and they will (should) accommodate you.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have never considered a cabana before but it could be ideal for me  on this cruise…With some mobility issues it would be nice knowing I have an outdoor space with comfortable seating reserved. Certainly on sea days when it can be so busy poolside it will be ideal for the three of us. However, I also think the family may relax more going ashore on excursions leaving me behind knowing that the LCG M’D will keep me fed and watered!

Sincere thanks again for your advice.

• Thanks 1