Whisky selection

CDR S

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone 

Been cruising since 1993 mainstream lines including Princess, RCCL, HAL, & Celebrity.  Tired of the decreasing shipboard experience & ever growing ship sizes.  Taking huge step up to Silversea in January 2025, Auckland to Sydney 14 night. Does anyone have the list of whisky’s & bourbons offered?  Looking forward to a first class experience 😊.

Edited by CDR S
Changing listed previous cruises
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Anyone know how to get a wine list for a ship prior to cruise to see if I need to bring some of my own wine?

transoceanic so limited chances to buy onshore 

Unfortunately, the onboard wine list is kept behind the Unicorns, guarded by Cerberus and is written in Elven Runes. If you are extremely, extremely friendly with a sommelier then you may catch a clandestine glimpse of the Excel spreadsheet that “doesn’t exist” either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks.  This is SS’s chance to win my business away from their rivals.  Guess they don’t think luxury travelers care about wine?

always puzzles me as good wine can be very inexpensive, and a list of what’s available is trivial to produce, but ah well.

1 minute ago, Pizzasteve said:

Thanks.  This is SS’s chance to win my business away from their rivals.  Guess they don’t think luxury travelers care about wine?

always puzzles me as good wine can be very inexpensive, and a list of what’s available is trivial to produce, but ah well.

It’s a mystery yet to be solved by many regulars over the years. The “up charge” list is readily available and easily found by means of a quick search. 

On 6/9/2024 at 5:18 PM, DavyWavey70 said:

It’s a mystery yet to be solved by many regulars over the years. The “up charge” list is readily available and easily found by means of a quick search. 

As a minor trivia point, I saw Wavy Gravy introduce Tedeschi Trucks Band a week ago.  Any inspiration for your name there?

6 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

As a minor trivia point, I saw Wavy Gravy introduce Tedeschi Trucks Band a week ago.  Any inspiration for your name there?

No, it was my nickname as a kid because of my wavy hair. 

IMG_1896.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

No, it was my nickname as a kid because of my wavy hair. 

IMG_1896.jpeg

Davey, what a wonderful photo!!!! You little cutie pie! The smile is awesome too.😀

• Like 1

Will be onboard in a week or so, and I'll post the "brown whiskey" that is available.

FWIW, that list posted above didn't much match my last SS cruise in December.  According to bartenders, there's a LOT of fluidity in what they have, don't have, and don't know what they will have.  I was very disappointed that onboard stocking varied widely, with some bottles only available in one location in the entire ship.

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Will be onboard in a week or so, and I'll post the "brown whiskey" that is available.

FWIW, that list posted above didn't much match my last SS cruise in December.  According to bartenders, there's a LOT of fluidity in what they have, don't have, and don't know what they will have.  I was very disappointed that onboard stocking varied widely, with some bottles only available in one location in the entire ship.

Yeah, this makes me nervous. I have a couple of favorites that aren't hugely available, that ARE on that list... and I'm worried they won't be there. What's a luxury cruise if you can't have your favorite drink?

Just now, BBGrace273 said:

Yeah, this makes me nervous. I have a couple of favorites that aren't hugely available, that ARE on that list... and I'm worried they won't be there. What's a luxury cruise if you can't have your favorite drink?

Such as.  I'll dredge my memory.

15 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Not onboard when I was.

And when did that become part of "whisky’s & bourbons offered"?

I posted the whole list so that the OP could look at the whiskey/bourbons listed. That's all. 

On 6/11/2024 at 2:21 PM, FlyerTalker said:

the fluidity wouldn't surprise me these days.  The top 10 might make it and those would be very familiar brands   Down list would become murky with the "that's interesting" items not available.  

On X in the Retreat, they really cut back the list, especially the included list. Aberfeldy 12 was the best of the included list.