Barber

Not if you've been there a half dozen times. Its nice to walk the town w/o having to be on schedule. People visit all types of shops. Sit in a barber chair, relax and converse with the locals. Give it a go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bones774 said:

Not if you've been there a half dozen times. Its nice to walk the town w/o having to be on schedule. People visit all types of shops. Sit in a barber chair, relax and converse with the locals. Give it a go.

I'd ask on the Halifax forum over at TripAdvisor.  You are much more likely to reach locals there and other folks who know Halifax better than cruisers who are unlikely to be looking for a barber

2 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

I'd ask on the Halifax forum over at TripAdvisor.  You are much more likely to reach locals there and other folks who know Halifax better than cruisers who are unlikely to be looking for a barber

You're right, i didn't even think about that. 

• 1 month later...

I live in Halifax. There are many good barber shops in downtown Halifax. Many of them get booked out a few weeks in advance. I know there are some that advertise walk-ins, but I wouldn't rely on that to be honest. You can book pretty much all of them through their own website/social media. One more thing, I don't know if it's just a local thing or not, but I don't think I've seen a barber shop that isn't CASH ONLY. Just a heads-up.