Non refundable deposit vs drink pkg., wifi question

I'm elite on Celebrity and see that there seems to be no way of booking a basic Aqua Class with no drink pkg or wife (since I can buy 30% off on sale) without losing the 'refundable' deposit option, which is just under $1000.   I see so many who just buy the different packages separatey without including them initially in the cabin purchase.   Perhaps I'm not understanding it right?    Or its just people knowing they will be going regardless-and not concerned about losing the deposit if a problem occurs.   We've been cruising for years!!  Still trying to learn the ropes.....any responses welcome.  Thanks!!

7 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

I'm elite on Celebrity and see that there seems to be no way of booking a basic Aqua Class with no drink pkg or wife (since I can buy 30% off on sale) without losing the 'refundable' deposit option, which is just under $1000.   I see so many who just buy the different packages separatey without including them initially in the cabin purchase.   Perhaps I'm not understanding it right?    Or its just people knowing they will be going regardless-and not concerned about losing the deposit if a problem occurs.   We've been cruising for years!!  Still trying to learn the ropes.....any responses welcome.  Thanks!!

I did a mock booking and selected cruise only and the refundable and did not see requirement to add all in to it. 

Posted (edited)

With the stateroom category indicated you can book:

Always fare (basic wifi / classic beverage package included), either with a refundable or non-refundable deposit

-or-

Standard fare (which does not include either package), either with a refundable or non-refundable deposit. 

The fare base for each is scaled based on the refundable or non-refundable deposit option chosen.

With either Always fare you can upgrade either or both of the basic wifi and classic beverage package to both premium versions.

With either Standard fare you can add any wifi and / or beverage package separately.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks all for your good information.   I think that I must have just been looking at my TA's sale page (big box-my fav) - that doesn't show anything but the sale.   That explains alot! Thanks again.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

Thanks all for your good information.   I think that I must have just been looking at my TA's sale page (big box-my fav) - that doesn't show anything but the sale.   That explains alot! Thanks again.

In my experience most promo and sale prices are using a NRD fare, frequently with wifi (or wife) and beverage package included.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

Book a cruise without wife?  Hmmmmm.

I was thinking the same thing, but my DH would not go without me due to being his fav vacay planner🤗!

• Haha 1