TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

50 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Bingo host…. “Do have any F1 fans here?”

complete silence

”here’s a hint… he’s a smoooth operaaaattoor… number 55? Ferrari? No?”

silence. A baby cries. 

Meanwhile I'm over here shouting at my computer "CARLOS SAINZ!!!". My brother jokes that the only people who will talk to me about F1 on a cruise ship are the staff members, he's not wrong, and this further illustrates his point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

And it's one of the few bars with the Matador on the menu. If you've never had one...as the old Alka-Seltzer commercial used to say..."Try it, you'll like it."

I have not ever had one, will ask for one in August.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really you just missed me stumbling onto some circus stuff, a Banana-rumble, and me complaining that they should do more with these screens. Nothing big. 

IMG_4334.thumb.jpeg.f1fc39f061ae3e6f8c22e6cf6ad6deeb.jpeg

IMG_4335.thumb.jpeg.34c189882f3a965bb5521583a210f170.jpeg

IMG_4330.thumb.jpeg.ac66be0ef1ecb687c44c75383aabf64c.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Some enterprising young Greek should open a small t-shirt kiosk right at the base of the stairs, before the cruise ship lines.  They should feature t-shirts about the stairs.  Example: "I survived the Santorini stairs", with a pic of a donkey poop mountain on the stairs.

In DC we have the Exorcist Stairs and they are quite long and very steep.  Having done both, I'd say the Exorcist Stairs are probably 1/100th as long as the Donkey Poop Stairs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

My breakfast. The turkey sausage has tripled in size from the beginning of the cruise🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_4296.thumb.jpeg.52952e3ed009094c6e03a46572d3898f.jpeg

Each time they reheat it, more steam expands the mystery meat inside the casing.  By the end of the cruise they'll be like five dollar foot-longs.

• Haha 14

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Each time they reheat it, more steam expands the mystery meat inside the casing.  By the end of the cruise they'll be like five dollar foot-longs.

image.thumb.jpeg.a8a6bae8e4ed6628d312f9e9c5ddadcd.jpeg

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Some enterprising young Greek should open a small t-shirt kiosk right at the base of the stairs, before the cruise ship lines.  They should feature t-shirts about the stairs.  Example: "I survived the Santorini stairs", with a pic of a donkey poop mountain on the stairs.

In DC we have the Exorcist Stairs and they are quite long and very steep.  Having done both, I'd say the Exorcist Stairs are probably 1/100th as long as the Donkey Poop Stairs

I think Donkey Poop Stairs is the house band playing this weekend at the local pub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

10 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Looks like they announced that swells were too high to run the tenders and Mykonos is canceled…

Something tells me you're not exactly disappointed to have an extra sea day to relax at this point.

Also, you might need to send B to the spa for a wrap to help the burn.  I think she deserves some pampering at the moment. Right, @HelloItsMeB?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On a Joy cruise to Canada we purchased a hop on hop off excursion from NCL.  We waited over an hour on a line in the hot sun to get on a bus while the people who bought their tickets at the pier got on buses right away.  We complained to the service desk and they credited us back half the price.  Then when we got to our cabin there was a bottle of wine and canapes compliments of NCL. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

On a Joy cruise to Canada we purchased a hop on hop off excursion from NCL.  We waited over an hour on a line in the hot sun to get on a bus while the people who bought their tickets at the pier got on buses right away.  We complained to the service desk and they credited us back half the price.  Then when we got to our cabin there was a bottle of wine and canapes compliments of NCL. 

Now that would be fantastic and above and beyond. Little gestures go a long way! 

• Like 8