NCL Joy 6-2-24 Quick Thoughts and Comments

Just now, Sand and Seas said:

😲

My DH will be very disappointed with a skimpy Reuben!

And I love the Chicken salad sandwich.    I would rather they save wasted food by listening to me when I say 'no fries'.

I will be too.  Whenever cruising NCL, I love having the reuben on embarkation day and at least 2 more times for lunch during the cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

😲

My DH will be very disappointed with a skimpy Reuben!

And I love the Chicken salad sandwich.    I would rather they save wasted food by listening to me when I say 'no fries'.

And the second sandwiches came with additional fries and they were not eaten along with the extra bread.   Oh, and they also downsized the pickle too.   I think they tried to slice it into 8ths!   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

I will be too.  Whenever cruising NCL, I love having the reuben on embarkation day and at least 2 more times for lunch during the cruise.

Me too!   Once on boarding day, once mid trip and one final one on the last day.    

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

And the second sandwiches came with additional fries and they were not eaten along with the extra bread.   Oh, and they also downsized the pickle too.   I think they tried to slice it into 8ths!   

That's just sad😕

More wasted food and still not enough meat for a decent Reuben or Chicken sandwich!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I know!     For months leading up to the trip, I kept telling my daughter's significant other how great the sandwich was.   Of course, he ordered it at our first day lunch and it was so disappointing.    They were also very light on the chicken salad the few times my daughter ordered it.   She then started to ask for an extra scope in a bowl.   Like my experience with the Reuben, they then brought her two sandwiches instead.   

This was our experience on the Jewel last month.  I stated that since NCL can’t downsize the menu much more, they have really started to downsize in other places.  The chicken salad sandwich on a whole sandwich was equal to a half sandwich…I guess I saved carbs since I made one decent half sandwich.  I could go on and on about where they “saved $$$” by modifying EVERYTHING.  I haven’t dumped NCL all the way…but we have 2 MSC and 2 Princess cruises booked compared to 1 NCL.  Time will tell.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, laudergayle said:

This was our experience on the Jewel last month.  I stated that since NCL can’t downsize the menu much more, they have really started to downsize in other places.  The chicken salad sandwich on a whole sandwich was equal to a half sandwich…I guess I saved carbs since I made one decent half sandwich.  I could go on and on about where they “saved $$$” by modifying EVERYTHING.  I haven’t dumped NCL all the way…but we have 2 MSC and 2 Princess cruises booked compared to 1 NCL.  Time will tell.

We feel the same--have not dumped NCL yet (still have two on the books), but my husband is very interested in MSC.  This was the first time we did not purchase any cruise next certificates.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

This was the first time we did not purchase any cruise next certificates.

I was "this close" to do the same.  We were at zero certificates...and getting hounded by the Cruise Next people...and I resisted.  I was shocked that my wife pushed us to get a new batch on the afternoon of the last day - she loves Bermuda and NCL is the leading option for getting there from NYC.

On 6/11/2024 at 3:38 PM, vacation44 said:

Cheaper to try and fill you up on fries versus decent amount of meat on sandwich 

23 hours ago, JGmf said:

I was "this close" to do the same.  We were at zero certificates...and getting hounded by the Cruise Next people...and I resisted.  I was shocked that my wife pushed us to get a new batch on the afternoon of the last day - she loves Bermuda and NCL is the leading option for getting there from NYC.

I felt the same way on my last cruise but broke down and bought a haven cruise next certificate. I have the Aqua booked for next year, but this cruise will determine whether I buy more certificates.Never thoucht I would feel this way.