AARP OBC Recent Experiences

On 6/13/2024 at 3:43 PM, 57redbird said:

Our PCC submitted my Healthcare Worker verified status to our existing reservation & within a couple of days it showed up on Navigator.  Still wondering if I need to verify every year or if it's automatically applied.

Curious, where in the app does it reflect? Our most-recent Booking Confirmation pdf via email accurately reflects $150 for myself, and $150 for spouse, ($50/pp for the booking offer at the time, plus $100 AARP on mine, and $100 on spouse for Healthcare/CNA). But the app, under 'Account>Profile>Cruise credits, deposits & onboard credits' shows "You do not currently have any currently available onboard credits".

On the homepage, we do see under 'promo credits' our dining credits & shore excursion credits from the HIA package though.

I wonder if it's simply so far out that it hasn't been pushed to the app yet, assuming that's where it shows up? (Yet another reason I always keep a copy of the pdf showing whatever we have in the event of a hiccup once onboard).

34 minutes ago, rbp3072 said:

Curious, where in the app does it reflect? Our most-recent Booking Confirmation pdf via email accurately reflects $150 for myself, and $150 for spouse, ($50/pp for the booking offer at the time, plus $100 AARP on mine, and $100 on spouse for Healthcare/CNA). But the app, under 'Account>Profile>Cruise credits, deposits & onboard credits' shows "You do not currently have any currently available onboard credits".

On the homepage, we do see under 'promo credits' our dining credits & shore excursion credits from the HIA package though.

I wonder if it's simply so far out that it hasn't been pushed to the app yet, assuming that's where it shows up? (Yet another reason I always keep a copy of the pdf showing whatever we have in the event of a hiccup once onboard).

It's weird -- mine did show up when I looked on Navigator but now it doesn't....we don't sail until December so I have plenty of time to investigate where it went.  Somebody said it will show up on our booking document but I haven't looked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

It's weird -- mine did show up when I looked on Navigator but now it doesn't....we don't sail until December so I have plenty of time to investigate where it went.  Somebody said it will show up on our booking document but I haven't looked.

It is on the most recent boarding document I got from our PCC.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 4:35 PM, iflyrc5 said:

We get the AARP and Teacher Credit through our TA and had it for 3 cruises this year and already have it on 4 cruises for 2025.  I did have to call the Mariner society about the Teacher credit on one but they took care of it in just a couple of minutes.  It had to do with the verification - it seems that even though you have qualified as a retired teacher you have to requalify which makes no sense since once you are a retired teacher you are always a retired teacher unless you go back into teaching in which case you still qualify.

I didn’t realize that the teacher credit can be used by retired teachers. I will look into that now.

• Like 1

These threads are very helpful. My TA said 7 to 10 business days is what HAL said for my educator obc. I emailed today but didn't expect a reply till Mon. It's also helpful to know you can have more than 1 obc as I know sometimes they try to say otherwise. I just tell my TA  well on cruise critic I've heard from others... 🙂