Only able to book dinner not lunch?

I've downloaded the Celebrity cruise app and I'm able to make a reservation for the speciality dining. But I can't seem to book any of them (like sushi for example) for lunch.

Does this mean all the lunch spots are booked already? Or could there be another reason why I can't book a lunch?

Apologies for all my question. I just really appreciate this forum to ask my questions 🙂 

In general, the specialty restaurants are not open for lunch. Maybe once a cruise there might be a special lunch in one of them, but it would not be bookable ahead of your cruise

sushi does not require reservations.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

In general, the specialty restaurants are not open for lunch. Maybe once a cruise there might be a special lunch in one of them, but it would not be bookable ahead of your cruise

sushi does not require reservations.

Ah, thank you! I didn't know that. It's good to know that you don't need to make reservations for sushi lunch 🙂 We might do that on embarkation day! 

2 minutes ago, sofienummer said:

Ah, thank you! I didn't know that. It's good to know that you don't need to make reservations for sushi lunch 🙂 We might do that on embarkation day! 

What ship are you sailing on?

34 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had been under the impression that the Rooftop Garden Grill was open for lunch, and had wanted to book that, but no lunch shows up for pre-booking. I guess I'll be asking on Day 1 of my cruise.

Indeed, it does say there is lunch available, but I also can't book it yet! Smart to just ask on the cruise 🙂 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had been under the impression that the Rooftop Garden Grill was open for lunch, and had wanted to book that, but no lunch shows up for pre-booking. I guess I'll be asking on Day 1 of my cruise.

That’s an e class ship— the OP will be in an S class ship