I just booked our 20th cruise - October of 2025, Carnival Miracle, Panama Canal itinerary. This is our first time on this ship and to this destination. A couple of new ports of call as well ( Limon, Mahogany Bay) . Any info you can share is appreciated. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simplelife said:

I just booked our 20th cruise - October of 2025, Carnival Miracle, Panama Canal itinerary. This is our first time on this ship and to this destination. A couple of new ports of call as well ( Limon, Mahogany Bay) . Any info you can share is appreciated. 

Take a Carnival excursion that goes through the locks.  

• Like 2

It's been a while, but we loved the Miracle.  Any Spirit class ship for us! Enjoy the giant purple grapes in the MDR. 😜

At Mahogany Bay we did a private excursion through Daniel Johnson's to the sloth rescue. Nothing will calm your soul like holding a sloth.  I highly recommend it!

Also if you are beer drinkers there is a bar ( I think it was Fat Tuesdays) in the port area that had a couple different really good Honduran beers.

• Like 3

Have a great trip!  Limon was my favorite port when we did the Panama Canal in January on the Legend.  We an excursion to the Jaguar Rescue Center, which does work rehabilitating animals to be released back into the wild.  The animals who are no longer able to live in the wild now have permanent homes at the center. The ride to and from the center is very picturesque - we passed beautiful tropical foliage, coastline, and banana plantations. After the center, we went to a banana plantation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Take a Carnival excursion that goes through the locks.  

Mistake in first post, We are on the Legend (we were looking at both legend and Miracle and I quoted the wrong one). Ships are virtually alike, First time we have sailed this class,

Edited by simplelife

4 hours ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Have a great trip!  Limon was my favorite port when we did the Panama Canal in January on the Legend.  We an excursion to the Jaguar Rescue Center, which does work rehabilitating animals to be released back into the wild.  The animals who are no longer able to live in the wild now have permanent homes at the center. The ride to and from the center is very picturesque - we passed beautiful tropical foliage, coastline, and banana plantations. After the center, we went to a banana plantation.

I am really looking forward to Limon