Southampton parking

7 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Good to hear that! Did they actually text you first on the day of the cruise? 

P4C have always sent me a text at around 08:00 on the morning of the cruise with a request to text them when we are about 30 minutes from the terminal - not really sure if that is necessary but have always done it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, david63 said:

P4C have always sent me a text at around 08:00 on the morning of the cruise with a request to text them when we are about 30 minutes from the terminal - not really sure if that is necessary but have always done it.

After using P4C multiple times I never text them now. I just arrive and there is always someone waiting in a van. In the past on disembarkation I used to follow the instructions and phone them to give them an idea of when we would be collecting the car but I think that has now changed to them texting when the car is sitting in the port car park. I’ve always received this text early and way before I disembark.

• Thanks 1

They texted on the day of departure and asked us to text them when we were 30 minutes away which we did. The whole process was really fast, we just dropped off our bags at the terminal, drove the very short distance to the Short Stay car park where they were waiting for us. They were meticulous in taking photos, agreeing mileage etc so we felt really confident. On our return they texted us to say our car was ready before the ship had even docked. And all very friendly, couldn't fault them. This was all for at least £100 less than CPS and we took the slightly more expensive flexible option.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 4:54 AM, Harryjacobs said:

I have been in a 40 minute queue for CPS dropoff.  You get put in a funny holding pattern that loops around the road.

Same here, Mayflower terminal last year was queue in a long way along the road.  More frustrating was that the queue management was poor so we saw cars that came along much later being directed into the drop off lanes while many who had been for around 30 minutes were still waiting.

However, I would say that I have never had any delay in picking up the car on return with CPS.

Nowadays it is the price that would stop me using them rather than the service.

On 6/18/2024 at 6:08 PM, 9265359 said:

Never seen a queue to drop off whenever I have used CPS, and never seen a queue to pick up the keys either.

I suppose they might happen, but they never have been at the times I have been there.

You are lucky if you’ve never been caught up in a holding queue for CPS. There’s no pattern to it though. Sometimes we have pulled up and been able to check the car in almost immediately. This even happened on Iona in August school holidays, which amazed us. On several other cruises, even on much smaller ships, we have been held in slow moving holding queues - or static holding queues.

Two that stick in my mind were Britannia and Aurora. The latter (Jan this year) was the worst. We were marshalled in to one of three holding lanes and sat there for half an hour whilst all the cars that arrived after us were ushered through first, as the holding lanes were full. The reason for the long delays became apparent when we were eventually called forward. There were only a handful of staff checking in vehicles. 

As a result of this experience, I cancelled CPS for our recent Cunard cruise and used Parking4Cruises. When we pulled up at Mayflower terminal there were the same 3 holding lanes full of cars waiting to be checked in by CPS, so it gave me some satisfaction to drop off my wife and suitcases, drive over to the short stay car park where P4C checked in my car immediately and I was back with my wife within 10 minutes whilst all the cars in the CPS holding lanes were still sat there.

I’ve never experienced a queue to collect the keys after a cruise with CPS, but I’ve had enough frustrating delays at the start of the cruise to make me only use them now if they are significantly cheaper than P4C. If I can trade in the ‘free’ parking for OBC that is more than the cost of parking with P4C then I consider that a win. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:40 PM, Selbourne said:

You are lucky if you’ve never been caught up in a holding queue for CPS. There’s no pattern to it though. Sometimes we have pulled up and been able to check the car in almost immediately. This even happened on Iona in August school holidays, which amazed us. On several other cruises, even on much smaller ships, we have been held in slow moving holding queues - or static holding queues.

Two that stick in my mind were Britannia and Aurora. The latter (Jan this year) was the worst. We were marshalled in to one of three holding lanes and sat there for half an hour whilst all the cars that arrived after us were ushered through first, as the holding lanes were full. The reason for the long delays became apparent when we were eventually called forward. There were only a handful of staff checking in vehicles. 

As a result of this experience, I cancelled CPS for our recent Cunard cruise and used Parking4Cruises. When we pulled up at Mayflower terminal there were the same 3 holding lanes full of cars waiting to be checked in by CPS, so it gave me some satisfaction to drop off my wife and suitcases, drive over to the short stay car park where P4C checked in my car immediately and I was back with my wife within 10 minutes whilst all the cars in the CPS holding lanes were still sat there.

I’ve never experienced a queue to collect the keys after a cruise with CPS, but I’ve had enough frustrating delays at the start of the cruise to make me only use them now if they are significantly cheaper than P4C. If I can trade in the ‘free’ parking for OBC that is more than the cost of parking with P4C then I consider that a win. 

This is our experience also, multiple times we've waited over 30 mins for CPS to take the car. Our next cruise parking is booked with P4C if its OK I will doing it this way going forward

For us...

If on a saver rate:   P4C or Triangle, whichever is cheapest, but most likely the former.

If on a select rate with inside cabin:   CPS; you only give up £90 OBC for a fortnight.

In on a select rate in another cabin:    P4C or Triangle, if cheaper than the OBC to give up

• Like 4