Cunard Celebrates Month of Record Bookings

tntornadox

We love Cunard and don't care which ship we are on, but it's the stale and repetitive itineraries which stop us booking. I know there are political restrictions for some countries, but the QM2 World cruise has just turned into a taxi service to Australia and back. Same old ports every year and not many of them either. 2016 was the last time the itinerary was properly different. Med and Caribbean ports always the same too. No amount of new ships will get us excited unless more thought goes into the itineraries. There's a danger of Cunard heading down the same path as some of their competitors where it's become more about the on board party experience than travelling. Holland America are the only main stream line who still cater to people who want to explore these days

• Like 1

5 hours ago, milamber said:

We love Cunard and don't care which ship we are on, but it's the stale and repetitive itineraries which stop us booking. I know there are political restrictions for some countries, but the QM2 World cruise has just turned into a taxi service to Australia and back. Same old ports every year and not many of them either. 2016 was the last time the itinerary was properly different. Med and Caribbean ports always the same too. No amount of new ships will get us excited unless more thought goes into the itineraries. There's a danger of Cunard heading down the same path as some of their competitors where it's become more about the on board party experience than travelling. Holland America are the only main stream line who still cater to people who want to explore these days

A Panama Canal transit is planned for an upcoming QM2 World Cruise. That’s some pretty good exploration. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, milamber said:

The 2026 itinerary does look a treat though. Especially with the Panama Canal transit as John mentioned. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MylesS said:

The 2026 itinerary does look a treat though. Especially with the Panama Canal transit as John mentioned. 

And all the suspense as to whether she will actually go under the bridge. 🙂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And all the suspense as to whether she will actually go under the bridge. 🙂

Almost as suspenseful as I feel trying to get into my tux tonight after a week of eating.. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'll be in UK visiting family a year from now so have taken the chance to book a 7-night cruise on QA. But that might be my last Cunard cruise if they don't come back with any Australian offerings. Just a pity I'm missing QV from my cruise history.