Flex Fare

katz

Aloha MauiBabes.. My husband is from Paia.   I was asking for a friend..  She booked an O cruise through her TA today, with a "Flex Fare".  We tried to figure out what this means.  I checked O's website, There is no mention of this kind of fare.  I have a feeling the TA might have booked this through a broker or a third party seller.  Thanks for your response.  

3 hours ago, katz said:

What does Flex Fare mean?

No such thing on O. It may be a term used by a particular TA, where they add or subtract their own perks or non-O air, transfers, gratuities et al. amenities.

31 minutes ago, VA2002 said:

No, is not connected to air dates.

Well, do you know what it means? If so please let the rest of us in on it. 

13 hours ago, katz said:

ORV   Check Thought2Go's reply above.  The website shared has information.

And the information is SO general as to be virtually useless.  Every kind of "flexible" fare, be it for air, sea or land, has specific qualifications and application standards.  So unless you have the actual terms and conditions of a program, saying it is "flex" or "flexible" means nothing.

• Like 1

There was complaining that the SM advertising "free air" in their pricing was misleading so O has removed air as part of the listed price and it is available as an add on...,so many indicate that they never use O's air so what the new air program will be is immaterial.    At times it seems to me that any time there is a change, people are complaining even when the change is exactly what they were advocating for before.  After 01JUL, air is an add on and, if you are interested in using O's air then you can check the details,

• Like 5

On 6/14/2024 at 2:50 PM, ORV said:

Well, do you know what it means? If so please let the rest of us in on it. 

I am not sure what is means.  My TA said it's a fare that sometimes comes up when she's looking for pricing of cruises.  I wish I had more details but I don't.   I did a search on the computer but couldn't find an answer.   

On 6/15/2024 at 7:33 AM, FlyerTalker said:

And the information is SO general as to be virtually useless.  Every kind of "flexible" fare, be it for air, sea or land, has specific qualifications and application standards.  So unless you have the actual terms and conditions of a program, saying it is "flex" or "flexible" means nothing.

I agree.

That said, what further sleuthing I have done suggests that the term “flex fare” (as regards Oceania) may be a TA referring, at least, to O “quiet sales”  which are time limited and rotated among O Connoisseurs Club member agencies.

• Thanks 1