Venice transfer

tfred

we are ending our cruise on SSea Moon in Venice, then spending 3 nights at the Gritti Palace. My question is the best way to get to the Gritti

I don't see a transfer to direct transfer to Venice from SSea.  The options seem to be bus from Fusina or water taxi from Fusina to the old cruise ship port   Can  a water taxi from Fusina take us to a specific hotel?  Is there a long line for that ?

should we take a water taxi or bus to the Maritime terminal and then a Gritti water launch to the hotel?

Posted (edited)

You can hire a private water taxi to transfer you and your luggage to the canal door of thr Gritti. Also suggest that you check w the Gritti to see whether they can arrange this for you.

Not inexpensive, but very easy. If this is your first visit to Venice, the water taxi presents a great perspective.

Edited by PaulaJK
Vowels
  • Like 1

SS provides a shuttle bus to the Old Terminal and you pick up your luggage there. Then get a private transfer to the Gritti. It would be cheaper than SS could offer. We had our private driver pick us up there.

I think that your only option to get to Marittima - the old Terminal near (ish) to P'zale Roma - is by SS bus - you are not allowed to walk off the ship independently in Fusina as it is a working port. 

I expect that the Gritti can arrange a private water taxi pickup for you, probably at Marittima.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jollyjones said:

I think that your only option to get to Marittima - the old Terminal near (ish) to P'zale Roma - is by SS bus - you are not allowed to walk off the ship independently in Fusina as it is a working port. 

I expect that the Gritti can arrange a private water taxi pickup for you, probably at Marittima.

I think this is correct. There doesnt appear to be any private and direct from Fusina to the hotel. There is a ferry that seems to run  that runs every two hours to Venice, then we would have to make our way to Gritti

the hotel does have its own taxi for hire from Marittima 

8 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I'm very surprised that the Gritti wouldn't arrange a private car from Fusina. We've taken private cars all over Italy but that was a few years back.

Because this is Venice and there aren’t many roads for cars, if any. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Because this is Venice and there aren’t many roads for cars, if any. 

Sorry I meant transportation.  Gritti provided us a water taxi at the train station.

Thanks for the heads up on Venice btw 😁

Edited by RetiredandTravel

TFred, Don’t forget …I believe that all luggage is sent to Marittima where you claim it.

Enjoy your cruise as well as Venice..hot, crowded..and special.

We boarded in Venice, not debarked , so am curious..can folks who are going to the airport go directly ( via cruise line bus) from Fusina or must they also go to Marittima?

We hope to avoid Fusina in the future…just a hassle.

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I'm very surprised that the Gritti wouldn't arrange private transportation from Fusina. 

I asked.  Via water taxi only from the Marittime

It's because you can't do anything 'privately' from where the ship docks in Fusina - you can only go in the cruise line buses, you are not allowed off the ship independently because it's a working commercial dock.

There is a ferry dock at Fusina but you are not allowed to walk across the docks to get to it.