Please help! Princess Plus package perks does not apply to our daughter. We booked using a TA.

GoodHope

If @NavyVeteran is correct (and I am not about to say he isn't)....

Then the best thing to do WHEN booking is to book a basic fare and then add the Princess Plus.  That way, it becomes two separate transactions.  You, then, would have the ability to cancel Plus. 

Am I correct in my logic ??????

I know I have:

Booked Standard

Booked Standard and added Plus

Booked Standard, added Plus, removed Plus

Booked Plus Fare (Princess Plus and cruise fare)

At this point in time, I could not tell you which cruise was booked how.

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If @NavyVeteran is correct (and I am not about to say he isn't)....

Then the best thing to do WHEN booking is to book a basic fare and then add the Princess Plus.  That way, it becomes two separate transactions.  You, then, would have the ability to cancel Plus. 

Am I correct in my logic ??????

I know I have:

Booked Standard

Booked Standard and added Plus

Booked Standard, added Plus, removed Plus

Booked Plus Fare (Princess Plus and cruise fare)

At this point in time, I could not tell you which cruise was booked how.

The question is did you ever remove the Plus fare after final payment? I would expect you to be able to re-fare before final payment.

Just now, NavyVeteran said:

The question is did you ever remove the Plus fare after final payment? I would expect you to be able to re-fare before final payment.

I have no clue...senior moment.  I doubt I waited that long (after final payment) to make that decision.  

I have rarely found myself able to re-fare ... for a lower rate...might be due to cabin availability (inside joke).  On my upcoming cruise, I was able to re-fare twice. I have a TA that works magic.

We used to get the soda package at $7 a day, but now that it costs triple that we dropped it.  We just pay gratuities, maybe one internet package.  But for soda they do sell 6 packs only before you board.  Cheaper than buying by the glass onboard.  Next cruise we bought 3 of these.  Plus you can take a 12 pack onboard with you.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 11:41 AM, GoodHope said:

When she sent over the options to me, there was no mention that it only applies to 2 ppl and not the 3rd. We would have not even bothered at that point.

As someone who likes to budget everything ahead and know what's paid for and what isn't like yourself i recommend going to Princess.com and reading everything (and i mean everything) regardless of whether you are using a TA or not.  Then you know yourself what's included and there is no surprises. FAQ's are a good place to start, then the cruise contract, then just click on different tabs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1