Perks for Sunset Veranda Cabins

MCARAB1

I saw somewhere that Sunset Veranda cabins had additional perks. Using the Chat option, I was advised that a Speciality Dining option for the embarkation date was available-to schedule on the app or “walk-in”. If I used the app it would be refunded in our onboard folio. So I went ahead and booked the Crown Grill with my Discover credit card being charged.

Has anyone else used this perk and was the cost credited back to their credit card?

I’m going to try and actually speak with a customer service agent to verify before it’s too late to refund my Discover card.

Also supposedly preferred tender tickets and seats for the evening shows.

Really looking forward to our British Isles cruise 8/31/24.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, MCARAB1 said:

I saw somewhere that Sunset Veranda cabins had additional perks. Using the Chat option, I was advised that a Speciality Dining option for the embarkation date was available-to schedule on the app or “walk-in”. If I used the app it would be refunded in our onboard folio. So I went ahead and booked the Crown Grill with my Discover credit card being charged.

Has anyone else used this perk and was the cost credited back to their credit card?

I’m going to try and actually speak with a customer service agent to verify before it’s too late to refund my Discover card.

Also supposedly preferred tender tickets and seats for the evening shows.

Really looking forward to our British Isles cruise 8/31/24.

1) Princess doesn't have a category of "Sunset Verandah Cabin". That's a  Celebrity category... Princess also doesn't use "verandah" - they call them balcony, deluxe balcony, premium balcony, Premium Deluxe Balcony...

2) only Suites (S) category cabins include complimentary first night specialty dining on Princess. Suites also include priority tender, etc. Reserved theater seating is not a suite perk (except Sky Suites).

Booking at aft facing balcony cabin does not include any perks at all with the cabin..There was absolutely some miscommunication in the Chat chat.. the Chat not was describing Suites, you're asking about a category that doesn't exist on Princess and voila - lots of confusion...

Edited by reedprincess
  • Thanks 1

thanks-I was on the chat with an agent but plan to call back tomorrow to speak on the phone with customer service and will cx the charge if he was wrong 

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

1) Princess doesn't have a category of "Sunset Verandah Cabin". That's a  Celebrity category... Princess also doesn't use "verandah" - they call them balcony, deluxe balcony, premium balcony, Premium Deluxe Balcony...

2) only Suites (S) category cabins include complimentary first night specialty dining on Princess. Suites also include priority tender, etc. Reserved theater seating is not a suite perk (except Sky Suites).

Booking at aft facing balcony cabin does not include any perks at all with the cabin..There was absolutely some miscommunication in the Chat chat.. the Chat not was describing Suites, you're asking about a category that doesn't exist on Princess and voila - lots of confusion...

thanks I will call tomorrow to speak with a customer service agent about this 

Sigh!!

The folks you speak to on the phone are sales,people who know very little little about what happens on board the ships!

There are no "verandahs"on Princess

All the perks are listed in writing  on the web site

No need to ask questions on the phone about that

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@MCARAB1  Either you are on the wrong thread (this is Princess not Celebrity) or you booked the wrong cruise line.

Sunset Veranda cabins are on Celebrity ships.  To have anything extra (perks) you need to book a Reserve Collection Mini-suite or above.  Even at that...Mini-suites are NOT full suites.

You do not have to reserve seats in the theater.  If you have Premier Drink Package, there will be selected (not always the best seats in the house) reserved for you on Production night shows.  

It looks like (from your other posts) that you are on the Regal/British Isles cruise in August).  These are the categories:

Inside

Balcony

Mini Suite

Reserve Collect Mini Suite

Full Suites (that have a complimentary embarkation dinner, a concierge's lounge, RC dining room).  Not to be confused with the perks that come with a Princess Bundled Beverage package (Plus/Premier).

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@MCARAB1  Either you are on the wrong thread (this is Princess not Celebrity) or you booked the wrong cruise line.

Sunset Veranda cabins are on Celebrity ships.  To have anything extra (perks) you need to book a Reserve Collection Mini-suite or above.  Even at that...Mini-suites are NOT full suites.

You do not have to reserve seats in the theater.  If you have Premier Drink Package, there will be selected (not always the best seats in the house) reserved for you on Production night shows.  

It looks like (from your other posts) that you are on the Regal/British Isles cruise in August).  These are the categories:

Inside

Balcony

Mini Suite

Reserve Collect Mini Suite

Full Suites (that have a complimentary embarkation dinner, a concierge's lounge, RC dining room).  Not to be confused with the perks that come with a Princess Bundled Beverage package (Plus/Premier).

Thank you for clarifying this-I did get the reservation for Crown Grill cancelled in the app and reserved the original time for the Concerto MDR for 8/31.

• Like 1

A BIG THANK YOU to all who responded to clarify this issue. It was unfortunate that the first individual I contacted via Chat wasn’t really knowledgeable. When I made my call to Princess customer service this morning “Lano” was very thorough and even contacted a supervisor to be sure he gave me the correct information.

Hopefully these posts will be helpful for any other cruisers that might be confused in the future. Also we have a Celebrity Sunset Veranda cabin booked for 2026 and will have this information for reference.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MCARAB1 said:

A BIG THANK YOU to all who responded to clarify this issue. It was unfortunate that the first individual I contacted via Chat wasn’t really knowledgeable. When I made my call to Princess customer service this morning “Lano” was very thorough and even contacted a supervisor to be sure he gave me the correct information.

Hopefully these posts will be helpful for any other cruisers that might be confused in the future. Also we have a Celebrity Sunset Veranda cabin booked for 2026 and will have this information for reference.

You ask the questions and the Peanut Gallery (shout out Howdy Doody) will usually provide the correct answers. Usually more reliable than calling Princess.

• Thanks 1