Reserve Collection-worth the added cost?

On 6/14/2024 at 1:04 PM, tml1230 said:

also be aware a few of your shipmates ,as they stand in line waiting for a table, will give you the "stink eye" as you walk right in!    I have learned to live with it!

Have a great cruise...

We were on the Enchanted this past February, in non-Reserve staterooms, but had reservations for the same time each night in Amalfi. After the first night, we requested and were given the same table (great waiter and location!) for the rest of the cruise, so as we waltzed right in each night, we did get some looks, too from people waiting in line!

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2024 at 3:17 PM, memoak said:

It and the Coral may be the only ones. All grand class and royal class ships have separate entrances

The Sapphire has that unique MDR configuration; the window half of Santa Fe was for Reserve Class & the other half of the room was for regular MDR.  
They did have signs & two separate podiums, but shared an entrance.  

Edited by Mary loves to travel

On 6/14/2024 at 3:11 PM, memoak said:

Since there are separate entrances for reserve and regular MDR’s. So who is giving you the stink eye ?

There will be a Reserve staff person at the entrance, directing non-Reserve guests to the other entrance.  I have always found them very polite, no "stink eye."

27 minutes ago, Kay S said:

There will be a Reserve staff person at the entrance, directing non-Reserve guests to the other entrance.  I have always found them very polite, no "stink eye."

On the last 3 cruises we took there was an actual sign pointing people to the “regular “ entrance. Still people wanted to complain since they could see empty tables and didn’t want to wait 

Just got off the Emerald Princess 2 weeks ago. I booked a Mini Suite Reserve Collection as part of my wife and I celebrating our 50 Wedding Anniversity. The 1st night in the Reserve Collection Dining Room I told my wife not to get use to this service, that this was for this cruise only to celebrate our Anniversity. On about the 4th or 5th night I told my wife “I’m starting to get use to this”. The service was outstanding. I usually got the special entree that was only available in the Reserve Collection Dining Room. The meal was always outstanding. We had been reserving a normal Mini Suite. Two days ago I reserved our cabin for a cruise in May 2025. I reserved a Mini Suite Reserve Collection cabin. We both absolutely love the experience of dining in the RC Dining Room. Definitely worth the extra cost to me.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

We were on the Enchanted this past February, in non-Reserve staterooms, but had reservations for the same time each night in Amalfi. After the first night, we requested and were given the same table (great waiter and location!) for the rest of the cruise, so as we waltzed right in each night, we did get some looks, too from people waiting in line!

We also are able to secure the same table at the same time daily in the regular mdr area and just walk in. If the idea of not waiting, same wait staff etc is the attraction, then I would not feel the need to pay for it. Some ships still want you to “check in” daily, but most will tell you to just go in once you have your table set.

If you have a lot of tender ports and this benefit is in fact included, then it may be worth it. We hate tendering, lol.

8 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

We also are able to secure the same table at the same time daily in the regular mdr area and just walk in. If the idea of not waiting, same wait staff etc is the attraction, then I would not feel the need to pay for it. 

If that were the only consideration, yes, but the real value to me is outstanding service in the Reserve DR.  Maybe you have to experience it to appreciate it, but it's like ten times the ordinary good service you get in the regular MDR.  

• Like 2