MSC Seascape...What are added perks of booking a YC Owner's Suite? Besides bigger space...

We are considering the OS on Seascape for our 20 year wedding anniversary.  The amenities description is pretty much the same as the other YC categories.  Are there additional perks that I'm missing?  Like liquors in room, in suite dining?  Specialty dining?  Just doing a cost/value analysis...

Thanks!

• Like 1

In-suite bottles are yours. If you finish what you have, ask for more...no charge. If the selection doesn't appeal to you, ask for something to be swapped out. 

A pergola/cabana is reserved for you on the Yacht Club sundeck. Just let someone know which one that you want for the cruise. 

A (smallish) whirlpool on your balcony, which is rare in the Yacht Club, is a plus. The Royal Suite has a better whirlpool and a better balcony but the Owner's Suite has the better interior. 

The floor to ceiling windows give a unique forward-facing view. 

I prefer the Royal to the Owner's even if they were the same price but some people really like the extra space in the Owner's

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

"Like liquors in room, in suite dining?  Specialty dining?" 

One does score more hootch in the top YC suites, but it is just more of the limited selections from the "choose one" options given to the rest of YC. (I have seen the bar set in pictures and videos.) Of course, there is always a chance an ambitious butler would go to bat for you with the head butler and get a bottle swap. It would probably be two "room" bottles in trade for one bottle of a non-premium liquor you might prefer. Being on the cruise for a 20th anniversary may help your case.

Unlike true luxury cruise lines, MSC limits in-room dining to the room service menu and the butler brings all the food at once, no course-by-course service. As explicit policy, dining room food only shows up at your door if you are confined by illness. Again, your special occasion, a hard-charging butler, and a sympathetic maître d' might get you in-room access to the dining room menu and possibly course-by-course, but I would not bet on it.

Specialty dining remains either an add-on or something for the Diamonds, regardless of one's suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"A pergola/cabana is reserved for you on the Yacht Club sundeck. Just let someone know which one that you want for the cruise." 

@morpheusofthesea is the undisputed guru on the topic of suite-included deck shelter. He could probably tell you exactly how many towels are required for a full closure of the shade gaps.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, no1talks said:

@morpheusofthesea is the undisputed guru on the topic of suite-included deck shelter. He could probably tell you exactly how many towels are required for a full closure of the shade gaps.

I must give credit where credit is due. @Two Wheels Only is the "Go To Guy" for everything MSC. I listen to what he suggests and then with a couple extra bucks $$ I push the envelope a little further.

P.S. Sometimes one must first prime the pump to get the water to flow.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
ps
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, no1talks said:

That's whom I learned from. 👍

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This how MSC makes me feel when I travel in the Yacht Club.

GRAPES.webp

By the way, I've seen that hat in the MSC Logo Shop.

You have to go on one of the Tanzanite scavenger hunts to get the necklace, though.

Edited by no1talks

14 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"...worn only on the One Pool Deck."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Morph, but I have it on the highest authority the ensemble associated with the World ships' newly-designed YC duplex with hot tub and 2nd bathroom is much spicier. In fairness, a grape lady is not included.

Xerxes.gif.4f6a333e64e21c348ead5ac994dfc7a2.gif

• Haha 1

oh huh..... do i have to look like the golden one if i enter World Europa Maisonette in February? We'd booked it because of DW 60th. birthday.

It'll look like that:

fc09da78ed31100e24918bc57948b4ff.thumb.webp.212fada2422edeb3cc73a68135461bb5.webp

• Haha 2

@Georgia_Peaches  Unlike Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, MSC does not appear to create a 'class difference' between occupants of their suites.  The perks of the higher end suites with MSC appears, from my research, to be more about the accommodations than specialized services outside the yacht club, e.g. free specialty dining.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@Georgia_Peaches  Unlike Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, MSC does not appear to create a 'class difference' between occupants of their suites.  The perks of the higher end suites with MSC appears, from my research, to be more about the accommodations than specialized services outside the yacht club, e.g. free specialty dining.  

Yes, I tend to agree.  Which is fine...it's saving us a ton of money.  Opted for the YC Deluxe instead.  Although, the accommodations look very nice.  The thing that sealed it for me was the lack of half bath in the OS.  DH said if he still has to find his morning spot why pay more?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, I tend to agree.  Which is fine...it's saving us a ton of money.  Opted for the YC Deluxe instead.  Although, the accommodations look very nice.  The thing that sealed it for me was the lack of half bath in the OS.  DH said if he still has to find his morning spot why pay more?

We had the YC1 Deluxe Suite on our Divina cruise in February and it was just fine.  This September we are on Seascape and have the YCP Grand Suite booked.   Either of those are just fine with us, we just pick what's available at the time we book. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

lack of half bath in the OS

This is one of the things we miss from NCL Haven -- but it's not enough for us to give up YC. The restroom by the concierge desk is what BCD uses as his half bath. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

The restroom by the concierge desk is what BCD uses as his half bath. 😉

Like BCD, I'm betting DH has scoped this area as well.  Isn't it nice that our guys think of such things?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

"The thing that sealed it for me was the lack of half bath in the OS."

The World ships' two-bathroom duplex suites are nicer and in the YC area, unlike the old "outpost" duplex suites. So that's something to consider once World America is in business.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

The restroom by the concierge desk is what BCD uses as his half bath.

I found it quite convenient a I could ask the Concierge Desk to watch the pot of hot water I got for my wife's tea when I found it necessary to make use of that facility on the way back to the room from the bar in the lounge with the pot of hot water.

• Like 2