Willdra’s Valiant Venezia Review

We missed the first comedy show so we just pulled up and waited for the second one. It started at 9:45. We got there at 8:45. People were already in line. I was very behind on my notes and it can be time consuming, plus I forget stuff, so I took that opportunity to catch up. Waiting in a line is normally when I get my “work” done and W doesn’t even notice it. He does notice when I get home and complain about having texter’s thumbs and carpal tunnel cuz I forgot to use my little support gloves. Old thumbs suck. 

The doors opened around 9:10 and we found good seats as usual. It doesn’t seem like it but again the Limelight is a pretty large venue. There were lots of seats still available at 9:23 for the 9:45 show. Before the show started W ordered a Blue Moon, a Diet Pepsi, and a Punchliner. The server heard a Blue Moon, a Diet Pepsi, and a Rum Punch. When she came back with the drinks we didn’t recognize anything on her tray so W was like “that’s not ours”.  She was stunned at first, then he repeated the order and she went back and corrected it. That was off. The Punchliner drink is good and it’s worth it cuz it has like 3 or 4 alcohols in it. Get your money's worth. 

Macio was the comedian and he was so funny. We laughed the entire time. He was good with improv as well as his prepared material which takes a lot of talent and skill.

IMG_1930-L.jpg

• Like 15

Quest was next and they asked several times for everyone to clear the lounge so they can setup. We got in line immediately afterwards so we had a decent spot. I went to the rr and when I passed by they were still kicking people out who were trying to stay in the Limelight. People. The quicker y’all get out the quicker we can get back in. They have to break down and clean the lounge to get ready before they can start letting everyone in.

We were in line and there was a couple who just walked up and said “thank you” to this lady behind us like she was saving their place. She wasn’t, and she just looked at them all strange. Then they got in front of us! We knew they were just faking it, but they were older and special so we gave them a pass. I did say out loud tho that I knew they were skipping us, but I was letting it slide. Once. Then 10 minutes later they had 2 more people join them. W looked at me, and at first I was mad but then I laughed cuz he had that “Oh snap, my wife’s about to go awf” look. I said “What?” he replied “I could hear your mental countdown clock going 3,2,1,…then you were about to yell EXCUSE ME!!!!!!” OMG he knows me. Since W made me LOL at myself, I let it go. Again. That was my limit tho. This rude cutting in line and skipping me business was ova. Especially if I gotta now glare at the back of somebody’s head that looked like an unborn baby porcupine that got tangled up in a rat's nest. Brush your hair before skipping me please. At least give me something good to look at. 

We went in right at 11. Quick warning, if you sit in front of the last 2 rows, you may have to participate. They didn’t have enough people volunteering so MarQ voluntold some people in that section. The very back is neutral. As always photos and videos were not allowed during the games. We could tell it was gonna be good tho cuz people were picking teams and they were rowdy while we were in line. We were laughing before we even entered the Limelight. 

MarQ made it a lot of fun and we got to see our CD Gerry with a G too as cohost. I think the most shocking part was when, uh never mind, I took an oath that I wouldn’t tell. Just know that dentures were involved. Yep you read that right, dentures, but that’s all I can say. And Yucky. Lots and lots of yucky occurred.

IMG_1933-L.jpg

IMG_1939-L.jpg

IMG_1940-L.jpg

IMG_1942-L.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

After Quest W and I went back to the cabin and stayed.

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer to the hem in Jesus’ robe that my shoulders were not burned. I was only out for a little while and I completely forgot to lather up with my SPF110 sunblock. My shoulders are the only area on my body that burn, and when they do, first they get really warm, which happened after Quest. Then they start itching. That part hadn’t happened yet so there was still hope. W would never let me live it down if I messed around and got burned. Every time I tell him to do something for his own good he will bring up my Kentucky Fried Extra Crispy Original Recipe Shoulders. Nah. We can't have that. Also Jesus please be some Aloe Vera gel cuz I shole didn’t bring any. Amen.

IMG_1880-L.jpg

IMG_1881-L.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

Especially if I gotta now glare at the back of somebody’s head that looked like an unborn baby porcupine that got tangled up in a rat's nest. Brush your hair before skipping me please. At least give me something good to look at. 

Now this part made me snort laugh at work again.  Apparently I did not learn my lesson to not read this review at work.  My coworker keeps asking me what is so funny.

Did you take all your pictures with your cell phone?  They are amazing!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, willdra said:

Venezia Day 8~Grand Turk

When we got back the night before, we’d received a bright pink sheet of paper under our door (Shawshank shenanigans) telling us our excursion was cancelled and our money was refunded to our sail and sign account. This was good because I was contemplating canceling when they changed the ship’s departure time to 2:00. That was entirely too early to be getting up binge drinking in the 400 degree heat. If I put my liver thru that it would surely blow up, flip over, bark like a dog, then run away. Since I need my liver to not do any of that, this was divine intervention.

Now that we didn’t have an excursion, we weren’t going to rush off. We would wake up whenever and go with the flow.

The flow was at 9:45 am. We got ready, then went to the buffet. There was no rush to get to or do anything. I just wanted food. Periodt. Whatever I found would work. The early port day had taken most of the passengers off the ship already. There were many many empty tables and short lines. Pleasant. 

I got in the little line all happy and optimistic. Wait. I spoke too soon. There was a lady a few people in front of me holding everyone else up. She was doing the most, trying to wrangle a small human, fix their plates, socialize, and knit a sweater. Listen Myrtle, if you can only do one thing at a time, and you are in the buffet line, that’s your one thing. Talking to the people behind you, dealing with a kid, talking to a family member who just popped by, writing your dissertation, and everything else is off limits until you are out of the buffet line. No wonder the kid was trying to r.u.n.n.o.f.t. I don’t blame them. I wanted to as well, but hunger held me hostage.

When she set us free, I got the consumables that I was interested in then went back to the table.

While I was waiting for W, my new cruise cousin, Allison from New Jersey came over to say “Hey!”, which I thought was very sweet of her. If you’re reading this, it was great meeting you at breakfast! I’m sorry I didn’t think to take our picture. I will be ready next time tho! 

W returned with my omelet shortly after. He had the same situation over there. Short line. Shady people. Shame shame shame.

I don’t know who needs to hear (read) this, but clean your camera lenses often. It’s shocking how much better pictures turn out when the camera lens is clean. It’s also shocking how fast the lens gets dirty or smudged. Especially the one on your phone.

IMG_1276-L.jpg

IMG_1284-L.jpg

IMG_1286-L.jpg

IMG_1287-L.jpg

IMG_1292-L.jpg

IMG_1302-L.jpg

IMG_1290-L.jpg

IMG_1289-L.jpg

Hey Cousin!!!! It was so wonderful meeting a cruise "Legend"!!! There was no way I wouldnt have said hello! Hopefully we can meet on another cruise and take a pic!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you soo much for this review! As you can see I'm just another one who just likes to read. I just want to say Thank you first for the review of NYC. I live in upstate NY and my family used to visit NYC all the time until that dreadful day we call 911. Since that day the visits to the Big Apple were very few, but your review and pics has opened up my eyes and heart again to the beautiful city it once was and still is. I will be sailing on the Venezia in a few weeks so thank you for the details and I Loved all your pics!! You had me laughing with tears in my eyes. Thanks for keeping it real. I am now a Willdra fan!!  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

I've done this also - my daughter wanted to snorkel, I didn't, so I stayed on the boat and drank!

I’ve done it, too. And I have compromised - I got in the water with a pool noodle, did not put my face into the water, and casually floated around while I looked at the fish that were closer to the surface. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I’ve done it, too. And I have compromised - I got in the water with a pool noodle, did not put my face into the water, and casually floated around while I looked at the fish that were closer to the surface. 

Me too. I just love being on a sailing vessel, but am not particularly interested in the snorkel aspect. I relaxed on board while others snorkeled for awhile and took a dip in the water to swim and cool off. 

• Like 5

On 6/26/2024 at 9:17 AM, Jeafl said:

OMG!  I snort laughed out loud at work reading about your dancing "neighbor"! Please warn us next time so that I can act with a little more decorum while I am at work reading this when I should be working.

Also, you are so photogenic!  I cannot take a decent picture for the life of me.  I either looked like I am being stabbed in the back or like I've been out all night drinking Mad Dog.

LOL, not drinking Mad Dog! 😆🤣😭

On 6/26/2024 at 11:05 AM, cellfree said:

While W may have been getting comments on his Bengals hat all day long, you Willdra are ”rocking” the Ball Cap!

Awww thank you!! 😜

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 9:35 AM, ALSPAUGHDOLL said:

I love your reviews, you have a way of writing that makes me happy and makes me laugh.   I am glad you enjoyed the Venezia.  I won't lie it wasn't our favorite ship we have been on, but it sure beat working, cleaning and cooking!

Thank you for this and I share your optimism! 😉

On 6/29/2024 at 3:08 PM, Destaw71835 said:

I am considering the same excursion in San Juan for my December cruise but the Carnival reviews on the beach part of the excursion 😱. It looks like you guys had a great time though.

We enjoyed it, our only issue was it didn’t last long enough. 😅

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 9:35 AM, noshoobie said:

Ahhhh.... the first 3 pictures in this post shows the ESJ. This is where we stay when we go to PR. It has such great views of Isla Verde. We love that beach and I highly recommend for anyone visiting San Juan. Thanks for the pix.....brings back great memories.

This is good info in case we sail out of San Juan in the future. We(I) will keep this property in mind. 😃

On 7/1/2024 at 9:17 PM, rwest898 said:

You brought back memories with the cod liver oil..lol..we had to take one teaspoon every night before bed, worse tasting thing ever but I didn't get sick too often

Ok we are kinfolk for real! I’ve never met anyone else who had to take cod liver oil in my 54 years of life! Actually I don’t think anyone else that I know has ever even heard of it. 😬😬

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 9:31 PM, Mommapadraig said:

Only the boys had to take it at my house….I have no idea why and didn’t ask!

You were lucky😍! I was the only girl with 3 brothers and if I wasn’t present and accounted for, my mom would’ve made that cod liver oil the least of my problems. She was about that equal opportunity action. 😩😩😩

• Haha 6

On 7/2/2024 at 3:01 PM, swimmingpoolguy said:

This is such a shockingly accurate and strong visual, I had to text this description to a friend of mine. Made her morning! @willdra you have such a captivating command of the English language. I can't thank you enough for all your great stories.

Sharing is caring! 😍😍😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2024 at 3:18 PM, wrcjr98 said:

I laugh so good while reading your reviews!  I love them!  I just want to go on a girl's trip cruise with you.  Oh, I guess we should bring W along!  I can hear my husband now, "Wait, you want to go on a cruise with someone you've never met?"  Yep!  Sign me up!!  You're good for the soul!!

You’re good for the soul too! This made me LOL! 🤣😂🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willdra said:

Ok we are kinfolk for real! I’ve never met anyone else who had to take cod liver oil in my 54 years of life! Actually I don’t think anyone else that I know has ever even heard of it. 😬😬

Wrong my mom gave us Cod Liver Oil when we were growing up, tasted horrible.  Wonder why it seems to have disappeared?

• Like 1