Plus Price $72.00 instead of $60.00 US Website

hpeabody

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

I don't tip in the mdr - no special requests unless a baked potato, extra butter is one

I don't mean tipping extra. But if you cancel CA, and only plan to tip your cabin steward and bartenders, what about MDR staff where you still plan to eat? Are they not deserving of a tip even if you don't ask for extra butter or a baked potato?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

$150 per day for the 2 of us - that may very well be the 'tipping' point.   We just 'need' one internet between us (we have 8 on our next cruise).  Could possibly remove the CA, and just cash tip the room steward and at bars.  That leaves a lot for alcohol, coffees, waters.

at least at that price we will not automatically book PLUS 

That would not leave nearly enough for our 8-10 drinks a day plus coffee etc.  So you stiff everyone else on the ship like waiters, servers. etc. ?  Without a plan you will be also paying 18% on every drink. 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hmmmm.... Have two booked for 2015. Checked both just now and it says $60. However... The other day I checked and saw the higher figure which led to my question above. Holly, you should likely just chalk it up to Princess having the C-Team of IT rather than the A-Team of IT. Check back in a few days and it may well have been sorted out.

I assume you are referring to 2025 or has California gone 10 years backwards ?  LOL

Edited by memoak

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

That would not leave nearly enough for our 8-10 drinks a day plus coffee etc.  So you stiff everyone else on the ship like waiters, servers. etc. ?

no - Princess does, and all have agreed to it under contract.

9 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't mean tipping extra. But if you cancel CA, and only plan to tip your cabin steward and bartenders, what about MDR staff where you still plan to eat? Are they not deserving of a tip even if you don't ask for extra butter or a baked potato?

no, just doing their agreed to job, under contract

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

no, just doing their agreed to job, under contract

Their contract also includes CA. The idea that one would to out a bartender and not a server makes no sense at all. You have obviously never worked in the hospitality industry

Edited by memoak
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Their contract also includes CA. The idea that one would to out a bartender and not a server makes no sense at all. You have obviously never worked in the hospitality industry

I'm not "outing" anyone - their private life is no concern to me... as my life is to others ...🙄

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

so are the bartenders.

my money , my choice if I want to bribe bartenders for stronger drinks, full pours, service.

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

my money , my choice if I want to bribe bartenders for stronger drinks, full pours, service.

Our main drinks are always  full pours. When you order vodka straight up in a martini glass and the drink comes to the brim that is a full pour. I assume you don’t mind having your food hit the ground occasionally before it gets out of the kitchen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

we would prolly not do specialty dining - maybe once, then I would tip according to service - unless the 18% is automatically added, then no.

I don't tip in the mdr - no special requests unless a baked potato, extra butter is one.  We have pre-dinner drinks and I will carry a double roadie.  and now those drinks are adding up, huh?

Is there a self serve area in the MDR?

• Like 2