Reserve Collection mini-suites - Question about specialty dining reservations

kentgal

On the attached Reserve Collection flyer, there is a list of "Elevated Amenities and Services" on page 2. One of the items on this list is "Priority specialty dining reservations".  I'm a little confused on what this means.  There is already a separate section on page 2 which refers to the "exclusive dining area" where there is "no wait or reservations" required.  But this is a separate item which is specifically referring to reservations. What reservations?  Specialty dining?  To me, that is the Specialty Dining restaurants (Crown Grill or Sabatini's for example). Will we be given priority reservations for these restaurants?  And if so, how?

Also, evening canapes upon request?  How good are the canapes?  

Thank you.  We're looking forward to our cruise in September to Hawaii!  

Reserve Collection Benefits.pdf

Priority specialty dining reservations refers to making reservations for the Crown Grill/Sabatini's and other paid restaurants onboard.

As far as canapés are concerned, I don't care for any of them.  They've removed all the good ones and replaced them with bites I won't eat.  To each their own, you might want to give it a try.

You will not need reservations for the Reserved Collection Main Dining Room.  

On 6/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Priority specialty dining reservations refers to making reservations for the Crown Grill/Sabatini's and other paid restaurants onboard.

As far as canapés are concerned, I don't care for any of them.  They've removed all the good ones and replaced them with bites I won't eat.  To each their own, you might want to give it a try.

You will not need reservations for the Reserved Collection Main Dining Room.  

Thank you!  I still don't understand what having "priority" dining reservations mean?  Priority over other reservations already made?  Priority seating?  And how do I make these reservations? It's just a little confusing to me.  I just like to understand what each of these special amenities will give me.  And sounds like I may just skip the canapes. 🙂

I think the confusion comes about with the difference between eating in the Reserve Collection MDR and Specialty Restaurants.

Reserve Collection MDR:

No reservations needed.  Walk up, get seated (if you have no special requests for area/wait staff).  Truly anytime dining.

Specialty Restaurants will vary by ship:

These (like Crown Grill/Sabatini's/the Catch By Rudy/360, etc) require a reservation. You will have priority over a non-Reserve Collection passenger.  If the restaurant you desire is near capacity, they may offer you a different time/day but will try their hardest to get you in.

Print out your Reserve Collection Amenities flyer and bring it with you.

We were in a suite on Majestic Princess in February. We wanted to use our free specialty dining on embarkation day at The Catch. We asked the suite concierge if that were possible and he said of course, they have a limited number of tables available for suite and reserve dining guests every evening, no need to make reservations days or weeks in advance. We never had a problem getting in to any restaurant, we needed to be a little flexible on times but were always within 30 minutes of our desired time. 

• Thanks 1