Cpap on Windstar (Star Breeze, Tahiti)

We're going on the Star Breeze in Tahiti in a little bit, and I have a cpap. I know I'm in one of the new cabins with a plug next to the bed, so I don't need an extension cord. However, I do use distilled water. Do I need to ask for this in advance, or can I wait until I get on board? (Last time I traveled with it, I used it dry, but I've been using it wet due to nosebleeds, and don't want to stop right now.) I asked in another thread, but haven't gotten a clear answer.

No harm in asking in advance. If that fails, your cabin tap water isn’t “hard” and you will be fine the first night or two. There is a decent drug store in Tahiti a short walk from the pier. By the way, I’ve used tap water or bottled water for years when traveling with my Cpap. I never had a problem with the machine. Like you, I strongly prefer avoiding a “dry” night.

For the first time in 15 years of Cpap use, my power supply failed during last year’s trip. This happened our first night in Tahiti. I made many calls and leaned on several concierges trying to find a replacement in the islands. No joy. The pharmacist was very nice but he explained it would be impossible to replace it during our trip. My wife was kind enough to loan me the cord to her machine. Otherwise, I would have been miserable and she would have had to listen to my misery.

Before you cruise, put in a request for distilled water.  If you booked with a travel agent, let the agent know your needs.  My spouse uses a cpap. Windstar provided distilled water and an extension cord. We like the older cabins with bed near the bathroom.  
My TA has a list of our requests.  Before we cruise, she contacts the cruise line.  Most cruise lines are good at providing for the requests.  

8 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Before you cruise, put in a request for distilled water.

Now that the website is working, you can put in this request (along with a long list of other options) right there:  "Distilled water in cabin – gallon size."

41 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Now that the website is working, you can put in this request (along with a long list of other options) right there:  "Distilled water in cabin – gallon size."

how were you able to get the website working? I can still only see that we have a reservation, but can't add anything. I feel kinda dumb about it all. Previous to the "upgrade" I had this all down solid. Le Sigh...

1 minute ago, sailingforsmiles said:

how were you able to get the website working? I can still only see that we have a reservation, but can't add anything. I feel kinda dumb about it all. Previous to the "upgrade" I had this all down solid. Le Sigh...

I've been checking every day.  Signed in and went all the way to my reservation, clicked on 'see details' – got the 'read only' warning but doublechecked by clicking on anything that looked like a link, and ... nada.  

Yesterday, despite the 'read only' warning, my booked shore excursions were showing for the first time, so I tried clicking on the 'edit' icon for special requests – and a really long menu opened up [I had no idea you could ask for all these things!].  I chose 'shared bed' on the cruise and 'non-smoking room' in the hotel – and both saved.  

Today, the 'read only' warning has been replaced by "Shore excursions can now by added to your booking if you are signed in!..." [their exclamation point]

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I've been checking every day.  Signed in and went all the way to my reservation, clicked on 'see details' – got the 'read only' warning but doublechecked by clicking on anything that looked like a link, and ... nada.  

Yesterday, despite the 'read only' warning, my booked shore excursions were showing for the first time, so I tried clicking on the 'edit' icon for special requests – and a really long menu opened up [I had no idea you could ask for all these things!].  I chose 'shared bed' on the cruise and 'non-smoking room' in the hotel – and both saved.  

Today, the 'read only' warning has been replaced by "Shore excursions can now by added to your booking if you are signed in!..." [their exclamation point]

Soory it isn't working again. This is sadly making me feel a bit better since it sounds like its a them problem and not a me problem (cause I was rwally sure I was the problem LOL). Yesterday was one of the few days I didn't try to log on. Oh well. I did call to have something adjusted on Wednesday and the wonderful gal who helped did confirm that our trip is all set and that our excursions exist. I am trying to be chill, though it is our very first cruise ever anywhere and we are going to Tahiti AND the cruise we booked in July got cancelled. We were lucky enough to be able to move it to the one leaving the end of June (so this Thursday) but being new we are just kinda learning as we go. Thanks for checking!!!!

7 minutes ago, sailingforsmiles said:

Sorry it isn't working again.

Definitely still working for me.  I had checked it before posting above, and just checked again.  Working exactly as I described.

Try with a different browser?  [I used Safari, which is actually the most likely to fail with wonky websites...  But it could be a cookie or cache issue for you.]