Mardi Gras crowd question

There are people having a great time, just like there have been on every cruise. Is it possible that sometimes a crowd might become a little obnoxious? Of course. But I've seen few instances of this in my time on Carnival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The worst of the party crowd is on the 2-4 day weekend cruises, which the Mardi Gras does not do.

Agreed, the booze cruises will be more likely to have a rowdier crowd. 6-8 days usually don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

The worst of the party crowd is on the 2-4 day weekend cruises, which the Mardi Gras does not do.

Agreed.

i was recently on the celebration over Memorial Day; and EVERYONE complained about unruly kids…personally it didn’t affect me at all. (But I don’t hang out on lido nor at the bars)

My wife was on the Sensation years ago, she said never to sail on Carnival again. she went with friends on a 4 day Bahamas cruise.  and said it was like being trapped in a cage with drunk, gross, puking college frat boys. 

I told her well that was a ling time ago, these guys are too old now to party like they are in their 20’s.

• Like 1

I am going to be honest some of my best cruises were short "booze cruises"

I don't really drink to excess but the folks on those cruises just want to have fun and cut loose for a few days.

I know that there are plenty of cases of fights and illegal behavior on these cruises, not just on Carnival but other lines as well. So there is probably some level of risk. I wouldn't book a booze cruise during spring break for example. All of mine have been during shoulder season - after Labor Day but before Thanksgiving, after MLK day but before the Ides of March, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I don't really drink to excess but the folks on those cruises just want to have fun and cut loose for a few days.

I know that there are plenty of cases of fights and illegal behavior on these cruises, not just on Carnival but other lines as well. So there is probably some level of risk. I wouldn't book a booze cruise during spring break for example. All of mine have been during shoulder season - after Labor Day but before Thanksgiving, after MLK day but before the Ides of March, etc.

Totally agree.  During the "off season" these cruises tend to have really fun crowds, but not out of control.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2024 at 12:09 PM, KarmaCruisers said:

Agreed.

i was recently on the celebration over Memorial Day; and EVERYONE complained about unruly kids…personally it didn’t affect me at all. (But I don’t hang out on lido nor at the bars)

Bars are the safe place from the kids

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2024 at 5:54 PM, mz-s said:

Yep - When you go is as much of a factor as how long they are. Any spring break cruise is more likely to be busier/rowdier than a cruise in mid-Jan or Feb. 

While I prefer the longer cruises, we have done plenty of shorter ones too, especially when we were in AZ. We did some quick weekend trips to Long Beach for a 3 or 4 day cruise and even on those shorter weekend cruises we didn't run into any issues. If it was too loud where we were on deck, we just went to a different spot to relax or to our balcony. Annoying sometimes, yes, but easy enough to avoid.