Having a horrible time with Silversea Customer service

EaseLiving

This is beyond ridiculous. Their overseas reps have given me 3 different answers to a question for a cruise that leaves in a little over 2 weeks. The reps say the US "Won't take my call". Does anyone have a way to talk to someone in the US to get some questions answered for this very expensive cruise?

Thank you! I did book with a TA but they told her I needed to talk to them on this issue (questions about a westjet flight that is a code share with Delta)

And- Silverseas booked us on a flight that leaves 14 hours after we get off the ship in Vancouver- which is fine. But i want to know what to do with my luggage. No one can understand this inquiry. 

19 minutes ago, EaseLiving said:

Thank you! I did book with a TA but they told her I needed to talk to them on this issue (questions about a westjet flight that is a code share with Delta)

And- Silverseas booked us on a flight that leaves 14 hours after we get off the ship in Vancouver- which is fine. But i want to know what to do with my luggage. No one can understand this inquiry. 

Unless there is an excursion and airport drop-off available to book with SS then you’re on your own with luggage.  Check the website to see if there is one available.  You could book a private tour that could also manage your luggage or you could book a hotel day room.  Are you flying on a red-eye home?  Seems like a very late departure.  Perhaps that flight can be moved up if you don’t need a full day in Vancouver. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, EaseLiving said:

I did book with a TA but they told her I needed to talk to them on this issue

This is highly unusual - normally Silversea will not answer any questions regarding any aspect of the booking (the cruise itself or flights scheduled thru their air dept) made by a Travel Agent unless the Travel Agent is on the phone.  Even then, they prefer to speak directly with the Agent.  Its best if you contact your TA and tell her its her responsibility to sort out any issues regarding your booking directly with Silversea. 

Edited by CruzinFeraBruzin
  • Like 1

Silversea UK refused to talk to me because I had used a TA .... even though the inquiry was regarding a corporate issue, and nothing whatsoever to do with the booking per se.

The PCC that I had dealings with before I found a decent TA was entering chocolate fireguard territory🙂

2 hours ago, EaseLiving said:

There is a luggage storage facility at the airport. We use it last month and it was easy and secure. I do not remember the cost but it was not excessive.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Having a horrible time with Silversea Customer service

I understand that some folks, on luxury lines, expect the cruise line to solve all issues.  The reality is that once you disembark, you are on your own unless you have booked transportation/transfers through the cruise line.  In that case, they will transfer you to the airport where you can cool your heels until your flight.  

Another alternative is to simply do your own thing (my personal style).  In Vancouver, one can pay to have their luggage stored at the port or can arrange to store it outside the port at private venues.  Of course this means you are on your own, can spend part of the day enjoying Vancouver (lots to enjoy), and later retrieve your luggage and take the train or a taxi out to the airport.  That is how those of us who are independent travelers handle this kind of thing.

Here is a link to the storage option at Canada Place (the port)

How to Store Luggage at Vancouver Cruise Port from $17.50/bag (vancouverplanner.com)

While you could also opt to go to the airport and store your luggage at the airport, you then find yourself well outside of the city.  At that point you can either relax at the airport (not too bad if you have lounge access), take the train back into town, etc.  For us, checking luggage at or near the port (until we must go to the airport) is the better option.

Hank

• Like 2

You could consider a day room at a hotel.  That way you have an opportunity to rest, sightsee, and have your luggage with you.  Plus you can shower and change before your flight home.  We did this on our last cruise with a night flight and it worked out very well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Hank! This is exactly what I was looking for. We did use Silverseas for all flights and transport but they couldn't seem to wrap their mind around the fact that I don't want to sit at the airport for 12 hours.

• Like 1

We had an 8hr wait at YVR and we had lounge access.  

The tiny lounge was full to bursting, the food was dire, and the wait was unpleasant to say the least. It was made worse by the 9hr flight and a two hour delay at Amsterdam. 26 hrs from ship to home.

Knowing what I know now I would get the day room.😏

• Like 1

Is it too late to change your flight? If you have no need to tour Vancouver then waiting 12 hours for your flight, flying eastward and arriving so late makes for a very long day.  Alternatively, if you can change your flight then why not spend the night or two in Vancouver and take a morning flight home.  Vancouver is a wonderful city.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Is it too late to change your flight? If you have no need to tour Vancouver then waiting 12 hours for your flight, flying eastward and arriving so late makes for a very long day.  Alternatively, if you can change your flight then why not spend the night or two in Vancouver and take a morning flight home.  Vancouver is a wonderful city.

Great advice. That is my plan after the TP from Japan on the Nova in 2025. This year we did airport luggage storage and then had free time in Vancouver but I would much rather have a day flight home rather than a red eye. 

• Like 1