Faster to Fun Question

We will be taking our first Carnival cruise in two weeks. I was able to purchase the Faster to Fun add on a few weeks ago.  I checked in to our cruise a few days ago, and I don’t see anything about the Faster to Fun listed on our luggage tags or our check in documents.  Is this normal? 

It should be on there, and if you go to your booking and order details, scroll down, you should see "Activities and Service Order History".  These are your purchases, and Faster to the Fun should be listed there.  I have it purchased for my September cruise and see it on there.  Even though I can't check in for my cruise yet, I can print the luggage tags and do see Faster to the Fun on those tags.

If you don't see it anywhere on there, make sure you got a purchase confirmation email from when you purchased it, and then call Carnival customer service.

I realize I am jumping in here - but since the folks that responded obviously wanted the FTF and I am interested in the reasons you like/want it.  I purchased it years ago for some friends on their first cruise - back when it was like $25 - because I wanted them to be able to board quicker and enjoy the other perks.  But in every discussion I have read recently the folks say the price now just isn't worth it for what you get.  We will be taking our 4th Carnival cruise next Spring (26 total cruises) so we have little to no status while the couple we are going with are Platinum (and said we could board with them...but I realize that won't happen). 

So I'd be interested in hearing what value caused you to pay for FTF!  I'm 50/50 right now - assuming it will even be available.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

So I'd be interested in hearing what value caused you to pay for FTF!  I'm 50/50 right now - assuming it will even be available.

Thanks!

The $25 was a Looooong time ago.  it's now $140 - $160 for a 6-8 day cruise.  That's a lot of money in my book just to get on the ship 15-30 minutes faster.

• 6 to 8 Days - $139.95 per cabin (Excel class ships: $159.95)

• 9+ Days - $189.95 per cabin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 10:05 AM, bjkTX said:

Thanks!

1. FTTF lets you board earlier. This is especially nice if for whatever reason, you can't check in online early on the day when online check-ins open. With FTTF, you can pick whatever time is available, but board whenever you want. If 3-3:30 PM is all that's available, you can pick that and still show up at 10AM because you paid for FTTF.

2. FTTF lets you put your bags in your room right away so you're not lugging them around the ship for hours, waiting for your room to open up.

3. FTTF gives you priority water taxi access (meaningless on docked ports or if you're taking a Carnival shore excursion, but some people may wish to take advantage of it).

4. If you need to call or visit Guest Services, FTTF allows you to get in the Diamond/Platinum line, which is nice when there are a lot of people waiting in the regular line.

5. If you'd like to get going early on Debarkation Day (when there's really not much to do except sit around and wait for your number to be called), FTTF gives you Priority Debarkation so you can either get home earlier or start the land-based portion of your vacation several hours earlier.

For some people, this is worth the $160. For others, it's not. YMMV.

Edited by RaiderDuck
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RaiderDuck said:

1. FTTF lets you board earlier. This is especially nice if for whatever reason, you can't check in online early on the day when online check-ins open. With FTTF, you can pick whatever time is available, but board whenever you want. If 3-3:30 PM is all that's available, you can pick that and still show up at 10AM because you paid for FTTF.

2. FTTF lets you put your bags in your room right away so you're not lugging them around the ship for hours, waiting for your room to open up.

3. FTTF gives you priority water taxi access (meaningless on docked ports or if you're taking a Carnival shore excursion, but some people may wish to take advantage of it).

4. If you need to call or visit Guest Services, FTTF allows you to get in the Diamond/Platinum line, which is nice when there are a lot of people waiting in the regular line.

5. If you'd like to get going early on Debarkation Day (when there's really not much to do except sit around and wait for your number to be called), FTTF gives you Priority Debarkation so you can either get home earlier or start the land-based portion of your vacation several hours earlier.

For some people, this is worth the $160. For others, it's not. YMMV.

Than you - I appreciate the information!

• Like 1

I purchased this mainly so I didn’t have to worry about checking in as soon as it opened and also having access to my room as soon as I board.  I hate having to drag my carry on luggage with me for hours before the room opens.  This is our first Carnival cruise and Royal doesn’t offer this option, so I’m excited to try it.  Will also be nice to see if our luggage actually arrives first, but not holding my breath,  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

I purchased this mainly so I didn’t have to worry about checking in as soon as it opened and also having access to my room as soon as I board.  I hate having to drag my carry on luggage with me for hours before the room opens.  This is our first Carnival cruise and Royal doesn’t offer this option, so I’m excited to try it.  Will also be nice to see if our luggage actually arrives first, but not holding my breath,  

It works, and demand is still high despite fairly regular price increases.  I have said it before, whomever thought this baby out should have been given a raise, costs them nothing and very popular.

• Like 1