New Miami Terminal

Is there any news about when the new AA/AAA terminal will open in Miami?  I have tried searching for a date, but have not been able to find anything.

We are sailing on Seascape in mid September and was hoping it would be operational by then.

Any info is appreciated.

Funny, I just asked this on Reddit- all of the press releases say "Late 2024" it should be completed, but the only other date it mentions is the World America naming ceremony in April, but no mention of when it will actually open. Was hoping our December cruise was going to sail from there, but we'll see. 

Ha! The original date is so far back I had hoped to sail on my February 2024 Divina sailing out of there. It has been pushed back so many times that I don't think anyone knows if/when it will ever open.

Just sailed past it last month. The terminal and garage structures are completely enclosed and they are actively working on the interiors. The big work seems to be with dredging the area immediately in front of the pier. This terminal is being built to handle three megaships at a time and the pier is very long, so there is a huge amount of work to be done to get this area completed. When I get home later, I will posted a few pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, funtexascruiser said:

Thanks for the pictures.  That is more information than I have seen anywhere.  From the looks of things, I think September 2024 is a NO GO from this terminal. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Is Seascape still going out of Terminal C then? Leaving Saturday and would be nice to be able to tell my Uber driver

I received an email and a text from MSC the night before my cruise from Miami letting me know which terminal. I also verified the information by looking at the Port Miami webcam site that morning before I arrived. PortMiamiWebcam

Thanks to both of you. I'll be driving from Ft Myers area then parking in the Fort Lauderdale area before uber to the port. This is how I do it every cruise. I've found various port cams and maps for Miami but none that show which terminal is which. Even though I've gone out of Miami numerous times, since I don't drive it myself, I'm unfamiliar with the area. I'll go with terminal C unless I get an email telling me otherwise 😉 

I'm wondering if they are going to open it when it is ready (if ready before April) or wait until April and make it a joint hoopla with the new terminal opening and World America inaugural sailing?

Everyone loves a party so it would be nice to have one for each!

2 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Thanks to both of you. I'll be driving from Ft Myers area then parking in the Fort Lauderdale area before uber to the port.

For our February sailing we stayed at a hotel in FLL and took an Uber to Miami.  It worked out really well for us.  

For our September cruise we are flying into Miami, staying in a hotel there, and will take an Uber to the ship the next morning.  United now has non-stop service between IAD and MIA.  We did not realize this until after our last cruise.  In the past it was cheaper and more convenient to fly non-stop IAD - FLL, spend the night in a hotel at FLL and Uber to Miami. Now it works out about the same. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sharon_and_TC said:

I'm wondering if they are going to open it when it is ready (if ready before April) or wait until April and make it a joint hoopla with the new terminal opening and World America inaugural sailing?

Everyone loves a party so it would be nice to have one for each!

I can't imagine that anyone involved wants the opening delayed any more than it already has been.

And I believe it will open in late 2024.

If common sense would prevail, (optimum word here is common), they would do a couple sailings out of the new terminal before the “grand opening”.  We all knew “Mr Murphy” can pay a visit and things can go south.  And BTW, I will be more than happy to take one for the team as we are sailing on Seaside 1/26/25🤣🤣 just to make sure the terminal is up to standards🤣🤣

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

If common sense would prevail, (optimum word here is common), they would do a couple sailings out of the new terminal before the “grand opening”.  We all knew “Mr Murphy” can pay a visit and things can go south.  And BTW, I will be more than happy to take one for the team as we are sailing on Seaside 1/26/25🤣🤣 just to make sure the terminal is up to standards🤣🤣

I am on Seascape B2B on 1/25/25, and then Seaside B2B on 2/9/25, and would also love it if the new terminal is already open by then. I am sure it will make my B2B walk off/walk ons easier since I will have to do that twice.