Changing Dinner Reservation

Good evening all, I made a dinner reservation for the Pinnacle Grill using my complimentary dinning, I stupidly made it for 1 person instead of also including my husband. Should I contact them before I board the ship to ask them to add him on the reservation or will it be straight forward to add him when we are on the ship. If I try to add him online it is now showing my booking time unavailable. I haven't sailed with HAL before. Thanks for any replies. 

17 minutes ago, gerimay1964 said:

Good evening all, I made a dinner reservation for the Pinnacle Grill using my complimentary dinning, I stupidly made it for 1 person instead of also including my husband. Should I contact them before I board the ship to ask them to add him on the reservation or will it be straight forward to add him when we are on the ship. If I try to add him online it is now showing my booking time unavailable. I haven't sailed with HAL before. Thanks for any replies. 

You should be fine doing it on the ship. As a solo, you'd be seated at a table for 2 so there's definitely room for him. Just be sure to let your server know husband is paying for his meal with his complimentary HIA credit. Yours will show as prepaid, so you're all set.

You also have the option to call HAL now - if that gives you more peace of mind, just make the call.

Sue/WDW1972

This happened to me. I thought I was making a reservation for two and it wound up being just for me. I made an additional reservation for as close as possible to my time. Once on the ship, I stopped by the dining podium and they fixed it. There are no tables for one, so there is guaranteed to be space at your table. By moving the second person to your table and time, they're freeing up a table for two.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, POA1 said:

This happened to me. I thought I was making a reservation for two and it wound up being just for me. I made an additional reservation for as close as possible to my time. Once on the ship, I stopped by the dining podium and they fixed it. There are no tables for one, so there is guaranteed to be space at your table. By moving the second person to your table and time, they're freeing up a table for two.

That's a smart way to do it! Then there won't be an issue of making sure the dining credit is used instead of being charged.

• Thanks 2

On 6/19/2024 at 3:10 AM, POA1 said:

Thanks all for replies. I did as Sea42 recommended and made my husbands reservation close to mine and used the dining credit.