Miami reataurants

We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne bay and we are looking for a waterfront restaurant in Miami.  Thinking about going to Biscayne bay marketplace but open to other options.  

Posted (edited)

people are often surprised to learn that Miami isn't really 'water front'.

By Biscayne Bay marketplace I'm guessing you mean Bayside? Ugh ..... all tourist junk as bad as Pier 39 in San Fran which a local will never visit .....

If you've never been to Miami b4 then go CUBAN ..... from your hotel an UBER to Versailles should run around $20 and this is good Cuban food. BETTER is just across the street tho, La Carreta. V is kind up scale and 'famous' with one location. La C' has several locations around the city and is where Miamians go!!! I'm told all owned by same family.   https://www.lacarreta.com/La Carreta image from parking

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

TU .. fat finger

and for the record I did live in the San Fran area for a couple of years and there are some good places to eat in the Fisherman's Wharf area, but P39 specifically is ugh, as I would say about most in Bayside.

Edited by Capt_BJ

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

TU .. fat finger

and for the record I did live in the San Fran area for a couple of years and there are some good places to eat in the Fisherman's Wharf area, but P39 specifically is ugh, as I would say about most in Bayside.

Agree. Some of the best seafood in SF is in the Fisherman's Wharf area, just not on Pier 39.

4 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

people are often surprised to learn that Miami isn't really 'water front'.

By Biscayne Bay marketplace I'm guessing you mean Bayside? Ugh ..... all tourist junk as bad as Pier 39 in San Fran which a local will never visit .....

If you've never been to Miami b4 then go CUBAN ..... from your hotel an UBER to Versailles should run around $20 and this is good Cuban food. BETTER is just across the street tho, La Carreta. V is kind up scale and 'famous' with one location. La C' has several locations around the city and is where Miamians go!!! I'm told all owned by same family.   https://www.lacarreta.com/La Carreta image from parking

Yes sorry bayside. Only our 3rd time cruising out of Miami so we are total tourists.  lol 

Thanks for the Cuban restaurant idea.

There is a really nice restaurant with a water view attached to hotel Casablanca, great bar also , couple of other restaurants in shared lobby with doubletree, along with liquor store and delis .

Was in Miami in April. Bayside is not cheap! Went to Margeritaville and a plate of Jambalya (which was very average) and one lot of fish and chips (which was 4 small bits of fish) with no drinks ('cos we had water) was $58! (including compulsory 20% tip!). You might as well stop in the hotel!!

Simon

editorial wrt to my previous post: I just compared the menu at Vers' to that of La Car' ...... neither shows prices BUT .... hmmmmmm and example

La Car' image.thumb.png.831d79e87ad72b9289d4aea60d4345c7.png

Vers' image.thumb.png.e9261e0b7f05645ef88d98ca89d66514.png