Upgrade offers

On 6/20/2024 at 12:38 PM, RockinRobin said:

We've received two offers about a week apart.  Did not like either one, so I just let them go.  They must really want our square inside cabin on the 14th deck right in the middle on the Celebration.  We are so keeping it!!  (unless a good suite offer comes in😁)

What they really want is to offer you the ability to upgrade your cabin.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:39 AM, RockinRobin said:

OMG!!  They better not take our room away! It's smack dab in the middle with cabins above and cabins below.  One of the "upgrade offers" were to move up a few decks and it would have been under a public space.  Not sure why the upgrade folks think a higher deck is an "upgrade."

The only way they could "reclaim" your cabin is if you were in a cabin that higher occupancy and had less.  As example, if you wanted a cabin that slept 4 and only two of you, they could move you.

23 minutes ago, Softservekid1 said:

Anyone ever get upgraded from an inside, deck 5 cabin to a balcony? Worth it? I've heard the balcony's aren't very private.

It's worth it depending on usage.  Are you referring to a specific ship?  What kind of privacy are you concerned with?  If you smoke on your balcony, people will know.  But if you're just sitting chilling, you'll hear the person next to you, but most likely won't see them, unless they poke their head around the divider, in which case, rude.  So, if you plan to chill on the balcony naked, user beware.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Softservekid1 said:

Anyone ever get upgraded from an inside, deck 5 cabin to a balcony? Worth it? I've heard the balcony's aren't very private.

Depends on the ship and location of the balcony. 

Though wherever it is, you don't want to be doing anything that you don't mind others hearing or seeing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

Thanks all. I wouldn't mind, I like to meet my neighbors.

Im an old guy and don't partake but do many smoke the evil weed while on board? I heard on a video; this became a big problem on some ships. I'm on the Jubilee.

They have harshed everyone's buzz.  Some sailings have K-9s onboard.  People have been taken off at the next port with lifetime bans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Before sailaway (or after debark) or during a cruise?

I had go back and check the dates on my pictures.  It was Oct 01, 23.  So the one picture was three days into a 15-day cruise on Carnival Venezia (on the second sea day).  So that dog was apparently staying for the entire voyage.  He didn't get on at one of the ports. 

Just now, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I had go back and check the dates on my pictures.  It was Oct 01, 23.  So the one picture was three days into a 15-day cruise on Carnival Venezia (on the second sea day).  So that dog was apparently staying for the entire voyage.  He didn't get on at one of the ports. 

Huh…..thanks

On 6/27/2024 at 2:50 AM, jimbo5544 said:

The only way they could "reclaim" your cabin is if you were in a cabin that higher occupancy and had less.  As example, if you wanted a cabin that slept 4 and only two of you, they could move you.

We were moved (with no explanation as to why) from a square interior cabin for 2, to an interior cabin for 4 (even though there were just 2 of us). It was supposedly one category better, but we couldn't figure out how (and we prefer square to regular shape cabins). 

Not a big deal. It was the sold out (2nd sailing) of the Jubilee on New Year's Eve, so we were just happy to be on the ship.  But it does happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

We were moved (with no explanation as to why) from a square interior cabin for 2, to an interior cabin for 4 (even though there were just 2 of us). It was supposedly one category better, but we couldn't figure out how (and we prefer square to regular shape cabins). 

Not a big deal. It was the sold out (2nd sailing) of the Jubilee on New Year's Eve, so we were just happy to be on the ship.  But it does happen.

Never seen that without it being an upgrade offer, or occupancy issue.  Sold out ship does add the dilemma.

On 6/28/2024 at 9:01 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Same - on Venezia.