Number of Formal Nights on Voyage of the Glaciers Grand Adventure (2 Weeks RT from Vancouver)

We are sailing next week on the Royal Princess' Voyage of the Glaciers Grand Adventure and enjoy dressing up for the 'formal' evenings.  I know that Princess week-long cruises often have 2 formal nights and that 14 day cruises often have 3, but since this cruise can also be booked as a northbound OR a southbound version (and we're doing both in a round-trip version), I'm unclear whether we should expect 3 formal dinner nights or 4.  I've searched the forums and wasn't able to find an answer--I'm hoping someone who has done this cruise can help me pack appropriately!  

1 minute ago, trishweber22 said:

We are sailing next week on the Royal Princess' Voyage of the Glaciers Grand Adventure and enjoy dressing up for the 'formal' evenings.  I know that Princess week-long cruises often have 2 formal nights and that 14 day cruises often have 3, but since this cruise can also be booked as a northbound OR a southbound version (and we're doing both in a round-trip version), I'm unclear whether we should expect 3 formal dinner nights or 4.  I've searched the forums and wasn't able to find an answer--I'm hoping someone who has done this cruise can help me pack appropriately!  

You can look on your travel summary.  It will state the number of formal nights just below the itinerary.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, trishweber22 said:

I've searched the forums and wasn't able to find an answer-

The Travel Summary's for each cruise will show the exact number of formal nights.

Oops!  I didn't type fast enough!  🤣

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

Thank you all!  I hadn't printed my Travel Summary yet (it's one of the last things I do) so I didn't see that the number of formal nights were listed.  Learn something new every day! 🙂 I knew this fabulous community would be able to help!

Your cruise is made up of 2 7-day cruises, and there are two formal nights on each of the Alaska seven day cruises, so you will have four. I will prepare you though that most people don’t dress up on Alaska cruises. You’ll see jeans and flannel shirts in the dining room. 

• Like 1

When we took that cruise 2 years ago, the 2nd "Formal" night was re-branded to "Dress to Impress" in the Patter on both of the 7-day legs. This was also true on our B2B 7-day cruises (Mexican Riviera/California Coast) earlier this year.