Temperature in dining venues

rjp50

We will soon depart on the Midnight Sun trip on the Saturn.  I'm assuming that for the most part long sleeves and multiple layers will be appropriate for all outdoor activities but am wondering about indoors on the ship.  Do they tend to keep the temperatures warm or should we pack with sweaters and long sleeves for dinner.

Room temperature is up there with food and mattress comfort. They are all every subjective and everyone is going to have a different answer. 

Moreover, just like your house, the room temperature may differ from room to room, venue to venue and deck to deck depending on time of day and where the sun is shining in (or not shining in), and even from ship to ship.

The best bet is to bring a sweater or shawl for "just in case."

• Like 2

I tend to get chilly, so I always had a cardigan of some kind with me. Of course, I'm also at that age where I can hot quickly too! LOL! But I found that I would use it when we were in the restaurant.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve found the Star Theater to be very cold. I think they keep it chilly because of the theatrical lighting. I always grab a blanket that are on some of the seats.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

Agree with all the above.

I typically exist in short sleeves on the ship and am happy.

My husband needs long sleeves.

Agree with the Star Theatre being cooler...

1 minute ago, Squawkman said:

We usually sit in the balcony where there are always blankets available.

Forgot about those.... yes.

This is a question that is asked with some regularity, and I'd summarize the answers as: no one can predict whether you will be too warm, or too chilly, on any specific day, in any specific venue, of any specific ship.

There is no across-the-board generalization such as "all areas of all Viking ships are cold" or "all areas of all Viking ships are stuffy".

I also take a sweater or shawl along at dinnertime.  After hanging it on the back of my chair, I found that the wait staff would kindly chase after me with my forgotten clothing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Agree with all the above.

I typically exist in short sleeves on the ship and am happy.

My husband needs long sleeves.

Agree with the Star Theatre being cooler...

I usually find the Star Theatre unbearably hot.  Once I took my thermometer to check it out and it was 28C (82F) I asked them to turn it down as it was also airless.  You can add layers or use the blankets but very difficult if you are hot!  They had it cooler by the next day but still too hot for me.  

Never been hot on Viking Ocean, but on Viking River I find the dining room and the lounge to be almost unbearably hot especially at dinner and after dinner.