CPAP Question for cruisers

Where/how does it send the data?  Bluetooth?  My glucose monitor collects data and sends it to the program.  But when I am on a cruise it does not synch with the ship Wi-Fi, so the data is stored and sent when I am home, or on land based Wi-Fi.  If your provider actively monitors the data you might contact them and tell them you will be ‘out of range’ for x number days.  EM

I've been cruising for 15 years with a CPAP machine. I've never once worried about the data getting transmitted to the provider nightly. It will catch up when it can. My machines have always had a cellular modem to transmit data.

Posted (edited)

Bluetooth only connects to your phone or other nearby device, although mine never appears in my mobile app even though Bluetooth is on and connected 🤷🏼‍♀️

In order for the machine to send it to your provider, you need WiFi or cellular. If yours is talking to your mobile app, you can report it the old fashioned way, write it down and send a message to your provider with the info. But if you check with your provider first, they will likely tell you they can wait until you return… unless your situation is such that it needs close monitoring. 

Edited by PJsArtFun
Left something out

Thank you 1025 Cruise and PJsArtFun. I guess my question is, do I have to buy WIFI

for my phone app to save the CPAP info for my provider. I don't want to buy wifi unless 

I need it for the CPAP.  Thank you. BTW, I will let the CPAP people know I will be out of range.

I don’t think I would, if it was the only reason for buying wifi. Some CPAP machines use cellular to connect, others use wifi and go through your other devices. If the cruise wifi only connects one device, it might only let you connect your phone. 

Either way, I believe data will be stored until you get home. See what your provider says. 

Happy travels!

3 hours ago, travelbugforever said:

Thank you 1025 Cruise and PJsArtFun. I guess my question is, do I have to buy WIFI

for my phone app to save the CPAP info for my provider. I don't want to buy wifi unless 

I need it for the CPAP.  Thank you. BTW, I will let the CPAP people know I will be out of range.

I wouldn't worry about it. Once you get back online things will sync up again.