Distinctive Voyages

katie8203

I did a search for Distinctive Voyages here but didn't learn the one thing I was really looking for - are they guaranteed to get us back to the ship on time? We will be doing their free shore excursion on our June 28 cruise and the time estimate looks to maybe give us 15 mins to spare to be back on the ship for boarding. Are the free DV excursions ones that Celebrity will wait for if the tour gets us back late? Or should we just make sure we have our passports and hope for the best?

4 minutes ago, katie8203 said:

I did a search for Distinctive Voyages here but didn't learn the one thing I was really looking for - are they guaranteed to get us back to the ship on time? We will be doing their free shore excursion on our June 28 cruise and the time estimate looks to maybe give us 15 mins to spare to be back on the ship for boarding. Are the free DV excursions ones that Celebrity will wait for if the tour gets us back late? Or should we just make sure we have our passports and hope for the best?

I am not familiar with them.  Are they excursions offered by Celebrity? If so they will guarantee to get you back. If not, then no.

10 minutes ago, katie8203 said:

FYI1: X = Celebrity (nickname)

FYI2: X-Tours means if for whatever reason the ship leaves before you return, they will cover the expense of getting back on the ship.  They don't guarantee as in extremely rare circumstances if there's danger such as unexpected fog, the ship can leave early

You should ask your TA to be sure

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Were they X-tours or non-X tours?

I have no idea where to find this X or non-X information. Yes, Distinctive Voyages is a perk from our travel agent that includes a free shore excursion at one of our ports. I just had read previous threads regarding DV excursions and no one ever mentioned if they were guaranteed to get us back on time, etc. That's really what I was looking for - my TA said she'd been on several herself and they were always good - but there was no info on getting back in time - we're only in this port for a short time and it looks like this tour encompasses nearly the entire time. 

Thanks!

Non-X, it's like a separate TA but they work for your agency. They have a welcome cocktail hour & you meet the TA.  She reviews the excursion that you are going on & everyone meets each other. They are also there to help you with any issues that come up during the cruise. The tours that I have done with them have been quite nice & they are free! For instance, in S. Korea we visited a monastery with all female monks & participated in a tea ceremony & then lunch at a local restaurant.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, katie8203 said:

I have no idea where to find this X or non-X information. Yes, Distinctive Voyages is a perk from our travel agent that includes a free shore excursion at one of our ports. I just had read previous threads regarding DV excursions and no one ever mentioned if they were guaranteed to get us back on time, etc. That's really what I was looking for - my TA said she'd been on several herself and they were always good - but there was no info on getting back in time - we're only in this port for a short time and it looks like this tour encompasses nearly the entire time. 

Thanks!

I would call your TA.

3 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Non-X, it's like a separate TA but they work for your agency. They have a welcome cocktail hour & you meet the TA.  She reviews the excursion that you are going on & everyone meets each other. They are also there to help you with any issues that come up during the cruise. The tours that I have done with them have been quite nice & they are free! For instance, in S. Korea we visited a monastery with all female monks & participated in a tea ceremony & then lunch at a local restaurant.  

Yes, we were about to book a ridiculously-priced tour and then got word we were going to get that very one for free with DV, so yay!

1 minute ago, katie8203 said:

Yes, we were about to book a ridiculously-priced tour and then got word we were going to get that very one for free with DV, so yay!

I agree, we were offered one on our recent New Zealand cruise but I had already booked a tour that I could not miss. Normally, I would have jumped on it!

1 hour ago, katie8203 said:

The ship only waits for the excursions booked through them. Third-party excursions might not be booked through Celebrity but only your travel agent can tell you for sure.